Contest Announcment Hawgin' on Lanier, Gainesville, GA

abangs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hawgin' on Lanier is coming up. November 9 and 10 in Gainesville, GA on Lake Lanier. 'bout $ 19,000 total purse. KCBS event and GBC (Georgia BBQ Championship). Backyard and Pro divisions. Proceeds from our event will provide Christmas to about 300 kids! If you are cooking the Cumming, GA event the following weekend we have arranged with that organizer to drop your rig there to save some of that $ 4 fuel!

http://www.gainesvillejaycees.org/bbq-competition/

We have online registration for convenience as well as paper registration.

Thanks!!! Hope to see many Brethren teams!

Hogz Gone Wild is signed up and ready to go! How many teams are you guys looking for this year?

Love the close competitions :grin:. See you all there.

We have space for about 150 teams (we have a BIG OL' beautiful venue on the Lake...probably one of the best, if not the best, venues in Georgia....easy access, easy in and out and great on the water lake front view) but I'm not sure that we want to bite off that many on the first year. Probabl limit it to 80ish Pro and 30ish backyard.

We're in. Seriously doubt you'll make anywhere close to 80 teams though.

Hey, no offense. I just know the reality of the Georgia market.

But who am I to say? Maybe you'll beat the book.

I don't think Gowan meant anything malicious, he just knows a lot about BBQ competitions here in GA. The National BBQ Cup had 90 teams it's first year, and they did a hell of a lot of marketing to get those teams. I haven't heard much about this competition except that it's on the GBC schedule, which makes it a must do for us, but I'm also really looking forward to it due to it's location.

This is the first we've heard of this comp as well. It's about 1 1/2 from the house!

How many pro and backyard teams have signed up for this one?

Back