MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Meat Burner
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Warming up whole turkey???

Noticed a lot of brethren cooking turkey ahead of time. My buddy is cooking 3 whole birds, most likely around 12-14lbs, not sure, on Wednesday. He asked if I could find the best way to rewarm them on Thursday. Guess what, I know this GREAT place to find that out. BRETHREN IN NEED OF HELP!!!!! Thanks for your advise. I really do appreciate it.

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Meat Burner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Meat Burner

Anyone with an idea???

NB Bandera with mods
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ

Old 11-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

depends..

you want to keep them whole?

if it was me, i would keep one whole for presentation, and quarter section the others. lay them in a pan and cover with foil, add a little liquid and reheat. the whole bird, either foil it tight and reheat, or cover with damp cheesecloth.

reheat around 275 at the begining then bring it up to finish.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
Meat Burner

Poobah, thanks for the response. My bud is cooking them on Wednesday and wanted to know how to tell his friends how to reheat for Thursday lunch. I told him he needs to be careful and cool quickly and make sure, somehow, they reheat to 165. Is a couple hours at 300 in the oven somewhat safe? My suggestion was to let them do their own cooking since he does not have any control over what happens after he smokes them. I am not comfortable giving him advice on this but he is going to do this anyway. I don't like this situation and told him that. He needs to ask the experts. This forum is not for expert culinary education. It is great that people want your advise but it is not a substitute for the professional cater that is the professional at food preparation. Just my thoughts.

NB Bandera with mods
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ

Old 11-19-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

very true, but like i said..if it was me..

Keep in mind, you are allready cooked. i do not believe you have to reheat to 165.

140-145 is all u need to get to. i would start the heat at 275-300 and towards the end, say about 125, take the covers off to set the skin again.. turn the heat to 300-325 and bring it over 140.

biggest problem is gonna be you may dry it out a little.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
Meat Burner

Thanks my friend, this is better information than I had. When I think about it 165 is really going to get the bird pretty dry....unless you brinded for 3 weeks LOL, just kidding.
Appreciate your advise.

NB Bandera with mods
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ