Butcher Prime Injection or Brisket Injection?

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
To those of you who've used both in competition, which do you prefer and why?

I've used Kosmo's already and have been happy with it, just want to try something different.

Thanks!

Prime dust is actually meant to be used in conjuction with the brisket injection, we use both, simultaneously, and have had some decent results

There's also a prime injection that's different from the regular brisket injection.

Well, having just looked at his site, looks like this has changed. I was using a product called prime dust along with the brisket injection. Now there seems to be a "prime injection, and an "original" beef. So hopefully he can clarify before I order more? It does look like they still make the prime dust as well, so maybe we'll stick with what we've been using

I recently spoke with Dave and the "Prime Injection" is the regular brisket injection with the prime dust already added. So instead of having both the brisket injection and the prime dust you have Prime Injection that is already mixed together.

I recently spoke with Dave and the "Prime Injection" is the regular brisket injection with the prime dust already added. So instead of having both the brisket injection and the prime dust you have Prime Injection that is already mixed together.

That makes sense. In my case then, I should probably just use the regular brisket injection if I don't plan on using the prime dust as well.

That makes sense. In my case then, I should probably just use the regular brisket injection if I don't plan on using the prime dust as well.

Yes. The prime injection is a great product but if you don't want the prime dust or want a different level of it just use the original which is also a great product.

I've used the pork injection a few times and I like it. I just got the Prime injection a couple of weeks ago and am using it for the first time this weekend. I noticed the differences in the Prime dust, original beef injection, and Prime injection. I went with the Prime injection because it seems like the best for comps. Also cheaper to get the prime injection then to get the Prime dust and original beef injection together.

Kosmo pork and brisket Injection is the only way to go. They help compliment the great flavors in the pork and the brisket.

Only "1" type of Injection - KOSMO's Injections.

Try them out and you'll see the why!!!!!!!!!

I personally like the original Butcher's, but haven't tried the Prime. I like being able to customize my quantities to create the perfect flavoring mix for me.

I really enjoy the quality of the Butcher injections and rubs. They are top quality products. No need to look anywhere else.

As stated in some other post the make up of the 2 injections are as described. I have been following this thread to hear what others think of the 2 and you haven't been told anything but facts about them.

As stated in some other post the make up of the 2 injections are as described. I have been following this thread to hear what others think of the 2 and you haven't been told anything but facts about them.

Good to hear. I think I'm going to order up some of the original injection, based on what I've read here.

Butcher BBQ injections have worked well for me...
FC4C3F8E-89D9-45F0-AD03-C16033088F11-134-000000078C16127F.jpg

I have two 1st place calls with a178 & 180 in brisket with Butcher's Prime and Angus Beef!

Trust Your Butcher!

Back