***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "No Bones About It" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "No Bones About It" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"No Bones About It"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 9/9.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Pyrotech[/size]
2188699_Pyrotech.jpg

[size=+2]Crazy Harry[/size]
2192097_Crazy_Harry.jpg

[size=+2]PYGBOYZ[/size]
2194501_PYGBOYZ.jpg

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
2195621_Oldyote.jpg

[size=+2]tarhog[/size]
2195968_tarhog.jpg

[size=+2]Cuebacca[/size]
2197174_Cuebacca.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
2198702_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
2198901_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
2199022_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]Cajokie[/size]
2199854_Cajokie.jpg

What the heck is this all about?

A couple days ago you declared my corn to be the "Best entry ever!!!"

(yes, you even used three exclamation points as I diligently copied from this post:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2198862&postcount=106 )

When you didn't post the voting thread yesterday, I assumed that was because you were just going to post my Congrats thread this weekend and Moose was busy printing up my certificate. Afterall, why bother with these little details when we all know it's a foregone conclusion. Now... today, you're posting the voting thread! What the fark is going on in that brain of yours? Just because your wife stole all your fish lollipops to bring to her bingo party doesn't mean Chaos should reign in the Bigabyte household. Let's get it together. I'm expecting this ship to be floating on an even keel by this weekend. :tsk:

Tough call, everything looks too good. I was pretty close to voting for that moldy ear of ergot corn, but I had to go with Tarhog in the end, though.

I vote for the meal I want to eat and that's Tarhog's for sure. Plenty of good looking grub and a log of great photos.

Well Al, I think I'm going to have to find someone else to choose my throwdown pictures. That one only got one vote so far. :tsk:

Zero

Holy Carp, a FARKIN' Zero in my own TD Theme!!! I guess no Pron there.:laugh:

Argh, so tough.
I'm still undecided.
I love Bills Texican but I bloody love lentils and that rich meaty dish style too, and it's winter.
Oldyote has a delectable looking dish too.
Argh...

The vote leader is a taco made by a farking Aussie? What does a farking Aussie know about Mexican food?

My vote went to Oldyote who made an awesome Chiles Rellenos entry, and he is from... Minnesota???!!!. :doh:

CD

Yeah, but I bet that corn has more flavor than all those dishes put together. It's been 5 days and I still can't get the flavor out of my mouth.

The vote leader is a taco made by a farking Aussie? What does a farking Aussie know about Mexican food?

My vote went to Oldyote who made an awesome Chiles Rellenos entry, and he is from... Minnesota???!!!. :doh:

CD

Well, as it happens, we know quite a bit. The state I live in, known as Victoria, is also colloquially called "Mexico" when Aussies are joking amongst themselves.

There are also 98 Mexican Restaurants in Melbourne as opposed to only 68 Amercian Style restaurants.. and they include places like TGI Fridays and some other Aussie operations that aren't really that American. You know.. whack a Number Plate and a pair of horms on the wall and "bingo" you're an American Restaurant... so I'm more likely to know more about Mexican than even cooking a pork butt!

Another thing is that the dish is a jerked marinade. Jerk is a West Indian thing, brought to Jamaica and other West Indian Islands by slaves from Western Africa in the 16th and 17th centuries.

So, having put flank in a tortilla hardly makes it Mexican and it was not intended to be. It was just something that seemed to go well together at the time. If it wins, that's cool.... but please don't vote for it or NOT vote for it based on who cooked it, or where I come from, to what style it's supposed to be.

Now CD, I'm not having a go at you and I'm certainly not upset at all. I'm just pointing out a few facts... I know you were having a joke and that's fine. I just need to set the record straight. Lets just vote on the best dish. I'm feling like some of Gore's corn actually!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

Back