The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Unread 11-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #16
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Looks great! Thanks!

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #17
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0

Thanks Phil for all the hard work, and I thought I was going to be bored at work today.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #18
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thanks Phil, I hope you realize we all appreciate your work.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

NB Bandera-Firebox & Baffle Mod, WSM, Weber: Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), WSM, Three 22 1/2" Kettles, 2 Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grills, Smoky Joe, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove & 3 UDS's.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #19
ggeilman
is One Chatty Farker

My thanks also:)
Unread 11-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #20
brdbbq

Xxxooo
brdbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #21
MoKanMeathead
is One Chatty Farker

Excellent - thanks Phil!!! I can see this getting filled with some awsume recipies.
MoKanMeathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:59 PM   #22
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoKanMeathead
Excellent - thanks Phil!!! I can see this getting filled with some awsume recipies.
I have the perfect recipe for the "For Your Pets" section... smoked bologna!!!!!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #23
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

ITS

DONE..

GO PLAY!!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cookbook/

Footnote.
formatting of some of the BRETHREN recipes may be a lkittle goofy. the new software likes you to enter things in 2 columns, whereas our other software was single column. So u may see some text in a strange spot, under commets or instructions. Anything really bad, PM me and i will edit it.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #24
Sawdustguy

Great job Cheif!

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 07:34 PM   #25
dxesmkr
On the road to being a farker

Phil,
Thanks for a job well done.

Willy T.

"Its better to give someone a hand than just a finger."
dxesmkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #26
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

Ok, I added my basic jambalaya recipe, but I would like to edit it. Is this possible, or does the administrator/poob have to fix? I just wanted to say that the spices are very flexible, and that you can add fresh chopped garlic to the oil when making a roux. Anyway, the new section is great, and I hope that y'all will like the recipe.
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #27
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmayeux
Ok, I added my basic jambalaya recipe, but I would like to edit it. Is this possible, or does the administrator/poob have to fix?

good question.. I gotta check that one out.

but right now.. im goin ice skating for a few hours.

hold down da fart while Im gone.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Unread 11-11-2005, 09:01 PM   #28
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

I'm having a little trouble holding down the fart! Its a little easier in bed, but my wife is usually not too appreciative! DUTCH OVEN!!!!!!
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2005, 07:11 AM   #29
brdbbq

........Ah
brdbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2005, 09:07 AM   #30
BBQchef33

Ok.. it seems its pretty much finished and live. Put on the final tweaks late last night and turned our "Recipes" button back on on the Homepage.

Access to the module is easiest from our homepage which can be gotten to directly from either the "QUICK LINKS" drop down at the top, or the Navagation Bar at the bottom of the forums. I was going to add it to our Navbar, but the new front end and latest version of the forum will require me to redo it. Figure this is way is easiest.

Also, for those that didnt know, we also have a bunch of "freeform" recipes in our file sections. That section is for instances where you have a recipe allready typed up and don't feel like retyping it in a formatted module. It can just be uploaded/downloaded to the files section.

Unfortunatly, it does not look like you can edit a recipe once its up. it can only be done by admin. I will see if i can put the EDIT function into the user screens, but since the system is not user/login based, anyone will be able to edit any recipe. Which means an "unregistered" user can come in and trash it. Not sure how we want to do that. I think its safest if I show the moderators, or a few members how to edit and if something needs changes, a PM or a post with the changes can be done by them or I.

Oh.. and thanks for all the "thank yous" and acknowledgments. Some people bust my chops for doing all this stuff , but those appreciative responses speak much louder. So thank you all too. More to come.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM