Salt Lake City: Firehouse (Bubba's) BBQ

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis
I'm not quite sure of the name, because they seemed to have a couple of them on the outside of the building. This was a nice little place that I went to on my last trip to SLC and I happened to have a camera with me. I'd been to Pat's on the last trip. While I enjoyed everything about Pat's (except the horrid brisket), I thought I'd give something else a try. Firehouse is in a quaint brick building. There was an offset in the back by the parking.

IMG_5878.jpg

The inside was wide open to the outside. I enjoyed the atmosphere. It was like being on a patio.

IMG_5870.jpg

Ordering was at the front window and they deliver to the table as is fairly standard. They had a rib sandwich, I think for about $4, which was very tempting -- prices were quite reasonable.

IMG_5871.jpg

I ordered the meat combo of brisket, chicken, pork and rib. This came with two sides AND a drink for $15, including tax. This is a bargain!

IMG_5877.jpg

The coleslaw was good (as I recall). I wasn't too crazy about the pasta salad, but I don't really like pasta salad too much. I ordered it because it was recommended and I do listen to recommendations. The food itself was ... shredded. Yes, you can see even the brisket (on the left) was shredded. The meat was slightly dry (as you expect from all shredded meat). Seasoning was slightly peppery and there was a line of BBQ sauce over the top. The sauce was fairly plain, but it worked extremely well with the meat. This is a case where the seasoning and the sauce complimented each other very well. The rib was a bit on the tough and stringy side, although good flavor -- not what I would rate as good, but better than the ribs I typically get in North Carolina that are usually under-seasoned grease bombs. Overall, I enjoyed it, partly because I was surprised (flavor was good, texture/moisture, not so good, atmosphere and the price were great). Really, nothing to write about, but in case someone is curious....

Back