My 1st UDS (Stainless)!!!

Pastor B.

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Decided to build myself a simple UDS. Along with the inner drive to create stuff with my hands (I don't get a chance to really do that in my M-F job), it offered an opportunity to me to pass those weekend skills along to my 16 year old nephew. He built the basket while practicing his welding.

We put some wings and legs on before church this morning and needless to sat the are all gone!

Please give me tips on mods and upgrades. I am looking for a kettle lid.

Attachments

• photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 608
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 610
  • photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 607
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 608
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 608
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 606
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 613
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 611
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 613
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 614
Thanks guys. Gonna get a stainless ball valve the next week and maybe add some Bulldawg gear.

I'm sorry, but that can hardly be called a UDS. That stainless steel makes it a BDS in my book. And the chicken looks bangin', too. :thumb:

That's a pretty drum. Only advice I can give is the height of the intake, you might get better flow by lowering it a bit so it's lower than exhaust.

drool! looks great... both the drum and the chicken! good job! and great on you teaching your son the trades!

Thank El Ropo. I will look into lowering the exhaust next week. Do you have any suggestions for thermometers or will any ebay grill thermometer work just as well?

Beautiful build!! Bet those wings & legs were killer too. Nice job!! :-D

Killer dang build! Stainless is only a fantasy fer me. That food looks mighty fine too.

Back