The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

Default guru party with wsm question?

i recently picked up a bbq guru party model. i figured it would be a good way to get into temperature control. i only really want to stabilize a desired pit temperature for competitions. i haven't hooked it up yet but watched some videos on youtube about the adapter not sitting flush on the vent and needing to be taped up. has anyone had this problem? thanks.
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe
rookiedad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
glh17
Full Fledged Farker

I didn't have to use tape (maybe very little). There's a you tube video on this where JMSetzler installs the WSM adapter and used tape but he later adds some additional comments to explain how to adjust for the vent. Be sure to read the "more" section.

glh17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

can the standard air adapter from an ique be modded onto a guru?
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe

Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

The BWS Adapter has a flange that bolts together inside the draft door and a bulkhead pipe screws into it. I don't have a pic of mine on the Gater, but the WSM adapter won't fit it.

Screw the tape on the WSM adapter, get some nickel plated hole plugs instead.

I don't know if this helps, because I just noticed the BWS Party in your sig and the Guru Party controller you are inquiring about.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com

Last edited by swamprb; 08-06-2012 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: BWS Party/GuruParty
swamprb is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
glh17
Full Fledged Farker

I think I misunderstood what you were asking. I thought you were asking about fitting the WSM adapter for the guru partyq controller. I see you have a BWS Party and you asking about its adapter. Can't help on that.
glh17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glh17 View Post
I think I misunderstood what you were asking. I thought you were asking about fitting the WSM adapter for the guru partyq controller. I see you have a BWS Party and you asking about its adapter. Can't help on that.
nope... you were right, i was asking about the guru party temp controller on a wsm, not an adapter on a party, wich is in my signature, but was sold. i like the party guru but thought the ique or stoker cup type attachments might be more efficient in attaching to the rounded surface of the wsm.
3 WSMs
22" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe