The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 08-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have sold burner, and grill/smoker built from this smoker to American, Canada, and Australia.

A BBQ trader in Australia BOUGHT my smoker. I am sure that DR-KY knows whom he is.

I NEVER receive negative feedback from ANY buyer.

Mr.Uk made his own burner according to my sketch.
There may be some misunderstanding.
I am not sure whether Mr.UK understand me fully or not. I doubt.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #32
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

I used Trager Smoker Pellets, NOT fuel pellets for heat..... Some say the is no difference, but i can tell a BIG difference.......
I also used FULL size Charcoal Bricketts, not broken into small pieces
I also used wood chunks, not saw dust,or wood shavings....

I will post what i see, and find after all is done, good and or bad.....

Woodpelletsmoker, i am disappointed in some of your actions, comments, on this thread.

NUFF SAID
Squeal Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #33
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I will wait and graciously accept you apology Dr.K_Y as soon as you offer it...

Do you realise that you are using a false result/conclusion to mislead BBQ Brethren here.
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #34
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeal Appeal View Post
I used Trager Smoker Pellets, NOT fuel pellets for heat..... Some say the is no difference, but i can tell a BIG difference.......
I also used FULL size Charcoal Bricketts, not broken into small pieces
I also used wood chunks, not saw dust,or wood shavings....

I will post what i see, and find after all is done, good and or bad.....

Woodpelletsmoker, i am disappointed in some of your actions, comments, on this thread.

NUFF SAID
Apology!

I am told that a better business man will close his mouth under such circumstance.
But I am more an Inventer, designer, and manufacturer than a business man. When I saw someone mislead pople by false facts, I can not help to fight.
I will try my best to calm down .
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #35
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

Let the ones that are using your products, help you. Remember (Word of Mouth), can be good and bad...
I also am an Inventer,Designer,and make some of my own products. If and when i see something that is wrong in your design I will let YOU know, and give you my ideas on making necessary changes
I also, being that i own this burner, will make the necessary modifications to it that i see fit.....To improve it , if it can be done........
Now Man-Up and apologise .....

Last edited by Squeal Appeal; 08-05-2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #36
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

I am going to make an attempt to actually DEFEND woodpellet and he said something that has me thinking. Perhaps he will become wiser in this. He says correctly he needs to "calm down." He also says he is an inventor. I believe he has passion in his product... people that make things tend to defend to the death. That passion to create something is essentially why the damn thing got made in the first place.

They typically are not good at selling the product and handling the questions. I remind you all of the adage of your corporate IT guy that insists the problem with your computer or program is you and not the program, meanwhile they end up correcting the very syntax that caused the issue. It is the nature of what makes an inventor great!

Lately, due to whatever, Wood has been pretty hard on those who question him... and that does NOT mean he sells a bad product I guess.

NOW I HAVE to mention the Stoker because all this sort of happened before when the Stoker rolled out in 2006 and 2007. Now its a great product... but it took time. It also took John Jackson a bit to get his bearings on how to handle the success of his product. I am not mentioning the Stoker because I work for him either... or even because I am a Stoker benefactor. I mention it because the history is the same.

John initially was so busy he could not handle the volume when the Stoker came out. He lived in Cali and and initailly there are things you just don't know are going to happen until you sell the units. The first thing was the stoker got screwy when it was cold. He FIXED that but the legend went on. Here is me telling everyone it was fixed.

Cold

Then I had problems....at first I was blamed for the problem... then it wqas apparent there was a glitch because the power supply. I later proved the unit could handle 41 pounds of charcoal and about half a cord face of wood.

Again its NOT an endorsement of Stoker... I am relating start-up problems here with a similar product.

Then there was another problem John could never foresee. Core out.
Core out

POINT

I think we need to understand that this forum is FAMOUS for diddling with **** until we make it work. I did so with the Stoker, heck, we all dickered with the frailties of the New Branfels Smoker, The UDS all sort of things and we are going to get passionate about things. The mentioning of the Stoker is really to show we have been here before. Wang, yes, the best way to handle adversity (and mind you I say this as a seller... not as Pitmaster) is to calm down and NOT assassinate someone's character just because they question or mention a problem that is known or even rumored.

I Know KY and know him to be honest. People know me and know I would not ask you for money. They say in sales "if you are arguing your not selling" and the ABCs of selling are ALWAYS BE SELLING.

Explain yourself with no insults. I say that as a seller, not the character I play here in this forum.

It will work out fine I swear if you do this. John I think eventually had to hire someone to speak for him while he worked on making his product better... and it is. I know you love and are dedicated to your invention (well.... its a modification on an existing product thats been on the marfket for at least 6 years) and take it personally when someone talks about it... it is like a child. I understand, but take your advice and "calm down."
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #37
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Also, a fact is not false to the possessor of the fact until another credible explanation is offered. Just because someone says "I heard the Stoker freaks out under 20 degrees" did not mean that those who repeated it were trying to malign the product... It meant that the product once had that limitation, was fixed and the person saying he head it had dated info.

Not everyone is out to get you that has questions or offers evidence about what they heard.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #38
bobbyp
Found some matches.

Default Burner fuel

So what have I said that is incorrect or misleading?
Quote:
Residue or additives in pellet forms a kind of clanker and blocks the grate.
The heat and air then are forced to go up to fuel bin and flamble gases are released from pellet and may expolde. The "explode" is also contributed to your PID controller and
fan.
This is exactly what I said in my post??????????
I warned of potencial problems relating to the type of fuel used in the burner.
I would be interested to know (from an engineering point of view) why you feel that the use of a different type of thermostat and fan system could prevent the risk as detailed above?
If you are already aware of this potencial design/use flaw, what steps have you taken to stop it happening? What warnings are you giving to purchasers to avoid the circumstances occuring?
Maybe you should withdraw the unit from sale until this issue is fully resolved and/or stop refering to it as a "pellet burner" and suggest it only be used for charcoal.

Product safety.
When you buy something over the internet, the "sale" is made in the country of origin, and your "property" is then shipped to you by the company envolved.
You would not be able to certificate it for sale in the uk, and probably not in the US.
The designer has just admitted that there is a particular design flaw, that if used with highly calorific resinous hardwood pellets, it may explode, or more likely, cause an explosion within the cooking chamber.
Due to the fact that the "sale" was made outside the US or UK, there would be little or no comeback should a serious incident occur (international court proceedings are very longwinded and rarely succesful).

In essence the design is very, very clever.
in practicality, it is with full admission of the designer, flawed and potencialy dangerous.

Every time we fire up a an offset/pellet burner even a UDS, we are filling the cooking chamber with a combination of air, water vapour and flammable gases. All you have to do is get those in the wrong proportions and bang.

Play safely kids.

Rob
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #39
Teamfour
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Suddenly I seem to be no longer interested. Not because of the product mind you.
Ditto. Even realizing what Pitmaster T said about inventor passion as true, something about all threads involving Wang's products make me uneasy.
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
MABA Member
Teamfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #40
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

I mounted (TEMP) to my Backwoods Competitor Pro Jr. Just to do futher testing, No controller hooked up.....and using Traeger pellets.....put 2 pieces of lite charcol in burner,turned on fan,filled fuel bin 1/2 full of pellets.....Put on lid......33 minutes later the temp in Smoker was 277 deg.....turned of blower....checked 1 hour later temps fell to 238 deg...turned fan back on ran for 3 minutes.....temps rose back to 272.... i kept doing this hoping to run out of pellets... All of this started at 3:05 PM and the Smoker at this time is at 249 deg and it is 7:47 PM ......4 3/4 hours on less than 2 lbs of pellets.... (fuel bin is still almost 1/4 full,and there has not been a back burn in Fuel Bin) When i get my new controller,i'll get it hooked up and see what happens.....also i"ll need to make an adapter to mount the burner correctly....JFYI
Unread 08-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #41
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

To Wang, and All others...

i was going to send this privately to Wang, but it IS something all should know.

As stated in the titles to the vendor section. The section is for sales, advertising, testimonials, etc.. it also states the good AND the BAD. It falls under our charter of free flow of information. We cannot protect vendors from bad reviews as long as they are factual.

Not all testimonials and reviews will be glowing ..... in fact some may be very harsh. They will be left here to allow vendors to clarify the problems. however, this is not a place to bring up alternative products(as seen in colonels thread). Thats just bad form. if anyone wants to compare or offer alternatives, please do that in qtalk or woodpile.

That being said, wang, please stop taking the reviews and discussion of the products as negative. No one here is trying to malign you, disrespect your product, or smear your name. They are posting factual information they discovered about your product. Instead of becoming defensive, clarify the situation, or take it as constructive criticism and address the issues brought forth. But to accuse folks of lying, working for competitords or trying to smear your name or product is not helping peoples views of your customer service. Whether you are an inventor, or investor, you need the customers to be comfortable with you and your product. Take these conversations as positive opportunities to improve things. Nothing more, nothing less.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #42
dave2012bbq
Got Wood.

Wang, Even harsh reviews can be useful to improve a product. A warning on what not to do is also useful. I'm getting into Kamado and one of the big warning is not to open the lid quickly or a flashback can occur. It's a nature of slow cooking with charcoal using hot charcoal and air depletion to control the temp. There are lots of warning on what type of woods not to use for smoking (from flare ups, to bad taste and poisons, etc.) Some kamado comes with many warning and explanations and some don't. The ones that don't will likely get complains when someone blows the lid off when open it quickly. The blow off the lid can happen with any Kamado but will occur more for those mfg that don't give a warning. For customers' satisfaction and safety, it's best to include the warning and instructions on how to properly use the product.

There no perfect product, especially on earlier models. Each revision allows for improvements. The worse review may be a non-review where issues can not be address (for example "I don't or I like it." -- It may be true that the reviewer doesn't like it or like it, but there's no indication on what is wrong, what right and what can be improved or fixed.)

I would like to know, for preventing flashbacks, it's it best to open the fuel lid with the fan on, off or turn it on then off? If you open the lid with the fan on, will ash be blown out of the top of the bin?

SA, How many pound of charcoal per hour are you using? For that amount of charcoal, how much can be cooked (x Ibs of briskets, y Ibs of roast, # of pork butts)? Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished products (bbq and food) and your assessment on taste using Wang's burner vs traditional smoking.
dave2012bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #43
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Low and Long smoking is NOT accepted in China. I can say NONE does it.
When I introduce it to Chinese, our chinese people reply that I am idoit.
Even some chinese living in Texas do not know this low and long smoking.
I guess these chinese never enter social life of native American.
Usually we eat Hot and Fast BBQ.
Picture can not show taste, which shall be No.1 concern.
But I do make bark and smoke ring,looks great.
and My brisket is very tender as I smoke at 140 F for 10+ hours usually.
My smoker is 280 square inches grill size, quite small. Also I add 1" thickness fire cement inside wall. Usually I use about 3 to 4 lbs of charcoal.
Be honest, I still do not understand flashbacks yet.
My burner is REVERSE flow. When you turn off the fan, the flame will come out of air inlet. In earlier design, the flame entered to fan through air inlet and melt the fan rotator. In new design I add shutter on the air inlet to prevent flame entering into fan.
Before I open cover of BURNER, I always turn off fan first.
Just to prevent blowing ash up to my eyes
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:41 AM   #44
dave2012bbq
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
Low and Long smoking is NOT accepted in China. I can say NONE does it.
When I introduce it to Chinese, our chinese people reply that I am idoit.
Even some chinese living in Texas do not know this low and long smoking.
I guess these chinese never enter social life of native American.
Usually we eat Hot and Fast BBQ.
Picture can not show taste, which shall be No.1 concern.
But I do make bark and smoke ring,looks great.
and My brisket is very tender as I smoke at 140 F for 10+ hours usually.
My smoker is 280 square inches grill size, quite small. Also I add 1" thickness fire cement inside wall. Usually I use about 3 to 4 lbs of charcoal.
Be honest, I still do not understand flashbacks yet.
My burner is REVERSE flow. When you turn off the fan, the flame will come out of air inlet. In earlier design, the flame entered to fan through air inlet and melt the fan rotator. In new design I add shutter on the air inlet to prevent flame entering into fan.
Before I open cover of BURNER, I always turn off fan first.
Just to prevent blowing ash up to my eyes
The "flashbacks" or "backdraft" is when there is very hot fuel that is oxygen depleted and when air/oxygen is introduced, the fuel essentially explodes. These conditions occurs in building with fires that have the windows and door closed. Fuel off gases saturates the air. The someone open the door, the room explodes with fire from the gases and solid fuel. Arsonist and the military do it with flour, charcoal or other fuel that can be dispersed in fine particulates. There's a movie "Back Draft" that has an arsonist using it with a factious liquid fuel. With the kamado, the off gasses from the charcoal builds up and there a burst of fire that can shoot out then the lid is opened. Some recommend opening the vents before opening the lid.

Holding the meat at 140 F for 10 hours is long and slow. Most of my bbq has been with a hot fire in the old days with tender well marbled meats steaks or rotessier cooking. With the super lean tough meats in the US now for choice and below grades, long slow cook or tenderizing solution are needed for all but the primal cuts.
dave2012bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #45
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

My burning pot is 4"x4"x1"
If sealed correctly and with my fan, the pellet "being burnt" is no more than 4"x4"x1.5"
It is a much small quantity compared with fire box in an average size offset.