MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices

Notices

Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices We sell the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices, along with a few select items, that you may find useful for barbecuing or grilling. http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store/

Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
troytime
Full Fledged Farker

Default my bbq business has tripled, thanks to Simply Marvelous

I've been offering my Q to friends and family (and friends and family of those family and friends) for a little over a year now.

It used to be that once or twice a month i'd let everyone know that i'd be smoking, and two or three people would buy a butt. It was enough money made to cover all my expenses.

this spring i switched rubs from bbq 3000 to simply marvelous sweet seduction.

there's been a major increase in new and repeat customers!

Every week I have people calling and emailing me wanting to order pork for the weekend. I'm actually turning a profit now (which was never really the plan)

i'm a little concerned, because i'm legally not allowed to be selling food.
I don't want to fully commit to a food business, but I don't want to completely stop either :)
troytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

Good ad for Simply Marvelous. Regarding the status of you selling, it will only take one incident to change all of this. I'd HIGHLY suggest becoming legit, especially if you're cooking for people you don't really know. That is a huge roll of the dice.....
Old 07-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Good stuff man.
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

If you're a little concerned - go with that feeling and do what you gotta do to rectify that feeling, or else you'll wish you did later. I've learned this lesson time and time again.

Glad to hear the cooking is going well though - that's gotta be a great feeling! I'm with ya on the SM SS - fanfarkingtastic stuff!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

I don't think you can even compare BBQ 3000 to SM rubs. I like Penzy's and all, but for the long, slow process of cooking 'que, I don't think that their spice blends hold up. For grilling, sure, but not for true 'que.

As far as being legit, it is going to take a lot if you want to sell the way you currently are. And I highly recommend you look into legal options and make the right choice. Unless you don't like the house you live in or the things you own???

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

I could not agree more than what has been stated. Glad you have "seduced" your customers though!