The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 07-02-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
pal251
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Possibly cooking for work on 4th of July

I am not a caterer. I am thinking about cooking a pork butt(s) if I have time in the next day or two and pulling it to make sandwiches for work. I think we are going to be having 20 or 25 people eating. I won't be providing the drinks and I wont be providing the sides. Just the meat.

If i cook a 10 pound pork butt how much meat typically should a person be able to get as in percentages?

Second thing is I don't have access to large amounts of boiling water so what is a good way to reheat the food if I decide to freeze it?
pal251 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
pal251
Full Fledged Farker

My main concern is reheating the food. Should I do it from Frozen or refrigerate it into separate bags and then how do I heat it from cold/frozen to warm?

I figured put it in a dish and put foil over it while putting it in the oven would be the best.
pal251 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
accuseal
On the road to being a farker

I would just bag and refrigerate if just a couple of days. Put it into a foil pan, cover with foil and warm slowly, like

at 200 deg. I would figure 1/2 pund of uncooked shoulder per person. Good luck.
accuseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
nthole
Babbling Farker

1/2 lb uncooked per person is a safe number to go with. So you'll be stretching it with a 10lb butt. Maybe 2 7 lbers?

For reheating, if you can boil it up at home and then keep it warm that might work.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote