ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #31
willkat98
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm gonna try another batch offset on the weber tomorrow.

This time, think I'll smoke for 1/2 hour, then add Sweet and Sour Sauce, then another 15 to 20 min until done. More S&S on the side.

I use to love doing them like this on the OM's grill (old man)

And another variation:

The thick cut, I sear on the outside in a non stick Caphalon, then into the oven, covered with cinamon apple sauce. 325 for an hour, covered. Respoon the slightly browned "glaze" over the top. Add fresh applesauce if necessary (covered I don't need to, uncovered I do)

This thread has like 5 things I want to try

"Bitch..." - Jessie Pinkman

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #32
Wayne
is One Chatty Farker

I love grilled pork chops. We fix them lots of ways. But if you really want a treat get a small container of thin sliced liver and marinate it in your favorite tomato based BBQ sauce. After the chops are done put the liver on the grill and give it a minute or two on each side. Just till it is cooked through and not a second more. Serve it with the pork chops. Now let me warn you before you try grilled liver. If you hate liver then you will love this stuff, and if you love liver this stuff will take you to new hights of pleasure. If you do not eat organ meat because of its high fat content then one slice of this should not be harmful if you only eat it once or twice a year.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2005, 02:27 AM   #33
417bullelk
Full Fledged Farker

Smoke first with Maple wood!!

Then on the grill for finishing with some Spicewine Hen and Hog dust dashed on, then a touch of sauce of choice on the grill long enough just to set the sauce and CHOW DOWN.....with an iced down cold one, straight out of the fridge is OK if that is all you got.
Weber WSM...Finally!!
Weber Performer
Weber 18.5" Kettle and a 22.5" Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum w/One Touch Mod.
Weber Smokey Joe Silver, A Charbroil Gasser, A Little Red Campfire.
417bullelk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2005, 04:48 AM   #34
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

I like my chops grilled as well, but that always includes a little indirect heat to finish with some good wood smoke (apple preferred). Brush with some jalapeno jelly for glaze. YUM, YUM!!
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2005, 06:09 AM   #35
qman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
I love grilled pork chops. We fix them lots of ways. But if you really want a treat get a small container of thin sliced liver and marinate it in your favorite tomato based BBQ sauce. After the chops are done put the liver on the grill and give it a minute or two on each side. Just till it is cooked through and not a second more. Serve it with the pork chops. Now let me warn you before you try grilled liver. If you hate liver then you will love this stuff, and if you love liver this stuff will take you to new hights of pleasure. If you do not eat organ meat because of its high fat content then one slice of this should not be harmful if you only eat it once or twice a year.
Wayne, this sounds great. I do not eat liver as much as I once did, but you are right, once in a while does no harm. I never even considered doing it this way. We used to do grilled liver and bacon all the time when my sons were teen-agers; they loved the stuff. I think I'll try this when they are over for a family get together.

Unread 10-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #36
Samichlaus
is one Smokin' Farker

I'll try Wayne's liver trick, I love liver.
Samichlaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2005, 10:28 AM   #37
Elkhound
On the road to being a farker

Talking

3/4~1" thick. Soak in a good dark German Beer and Kraut for a couple of days then cold smoke them <200 degrees untill done. Server with fried potatoes, red cabbage or kraut. I think I'm gonna hurt myself.......
Elkhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #38
smokeonthewater
Got Wood.

dredge in flour, fry in butter, sprinkle with onion soup mix, add a cup or 2 OJ. cover, drink a beer, serve with rice
smokeonthewater is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #39
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Wow - nice thread!

Indoors - coat in Hellmans mayo (the real stuff) and coat with italian breadcrumbs or any potato chip you like. In the oven at 350 for about an hour or until tender. Bone in or not - moist and tender every time.

Outdoors - marinate in apple juice, cinnamon, touch of soy sauce or worchestershire. Grill and serve.
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #40
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98 View Post
Lawn needed a mow, so I needed to do the chops unattended (in the oven)

2/3 stick butter
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup bbq sauce
2 tbs hot sauce
1tbs molasses

Melt butter and add the rest. keep stirring till hot.

Small casserole dish (3 boneless chops this time) spray, and cover chops with mixture

350* for an hour, spoon pan glaze back over chops when serving.

Damn good eating.

(works on wings and chicken breast too)
This is an old stand by from Willkat. Raining and nasty weather here tonight so I cooked in the house. Good eats for sure. Thanks for this Willkat!

Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #41
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

The molasses is interesting, gotta remember this.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #42
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

I wonder how that would be with some thin-sliced apples mixed in.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #43
toadhunter911
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I love this place! Look at the variety of pork chop preperations! Here's my favorite...

This is from The Embers restaurant in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. The original recipe is here...

http://www.theembersdine.com/porkchop.pdf

THE EMBERS ORIGINAL ONE POUND PORK
CHOP

MARINATING SAUCE:

2 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. dark molasses
1 tsp. salt

Take soy sauce, water, brown sugar, molasses, and salt. Mix together and bring to a boil. Let cool. Put chops in a pan or large zip-top bag. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and let stand overnight in the refrigerator. Next day take pork chops out of the sauce, place in baking pan, and cover tightly with foil. Put in 375 degree oven and bake until tender, about 2 hours. While chops are baking, combine all red sauce ingredients in heavy saucepan or double boiler.

RED SAUCE:

1/3 c. water
1 (14 oz.) bottle Heinz Catsup
1 (12 oz.) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. dry mustard

Dilute dry mustard, sugar and water together leaving no lumps. Bring all ingredients to a slight boil. The red sauce is finished. After chops are tender, remove from oven and dip in the red sauce. Take chops after dipping and place in baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven or until slightly glazed. Marinating sauce and red sauce can be reused if brought to a boil and stored in refrigerator or frozen. For an extra flavor, keep at room temperature until you are ready to put on charcoal pit or grill, have grill as high as possible from coals; not a large bed of coals is needed. Place finished chops on grill, let cook slowly; a little blacking does not hurt chops and the grilling should not take more than 15 minutes. Then, you're ready to try your own version of the famous Embers One Pound Pork Chop.

Total prep time is long, but its really very simple, and the chops will knock you socks off!
Love the chops from the Embers. When I was a kid, my Mom's cousin lived in Mt Pleasant and we'd go every summer vacation. The two constants every year was bluegill fishing, and dinner at Embers. Thanks for bringing back the memory.

Unread 04-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
toadhunter911
is one Smokin' Farker

Like this, with garlic cheddar mashed potatoes...

Chops and Mashed by toadhunter911, on Flickr

Unread 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #45
Sunra
is one Smokin' Farker

Baked in Oven

I don't measure for this recipe. Dice Onions, Green Peppers, Red Peppers and celery(maybe 1 sm stick). Season Pork chops with garlic powder, Onion Powder, salt and pepper. Pan fry chops just enough for color. Place in a baking dish cover with Onions, peppers and celery mix. Add about a cup or 2 of orange juice and a tablespoon of brown sugar or more if if you want it sweeter and crushed red pepper flakes to taste. add few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Tightly cover with foil and bake @ 350 for 1 - 1.5 hours. Comes out fall apart tender. I serve over rice.