THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perfect Rack BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Just competed for the first time and it was an incredible experience, I am hooked!!! We entered the Rockn Rib Fest in Merrimack,NH and placed 23rd overall out of 41 teams, not too shabby. Our best was 12th in ribs. Mid 20's in pork and chicken. 30 in brisket, maverick thermometer **** the bed and we weren't getting the proper temps...think we better invest in BBQ Guru's for our three WSM's. Chicken and pork looked and tasted ok but our timing was off and we cooked it was done way to early. These are all things I know we can improve on. We met a lot of great people and can't wait to see everyone again and other events. See you all soon.

PS. wonder if I need to change my name to something other than Chris Hart, people were let down when they came by cause they heard Chris Hart was there and it wasn't THE Chris Hart...hahaha

Congrats! If you are running multiple WSM's, the Stoker from Rocks BBQ can handle multiple pits from a single unit. I use the Stoker Black Box on my WSM and get great temp control on longer cooks. I love mine, although it is kind of a pain in the rear to use for shorter cooks like chicken and ribs. You have any pics of the boxes you turned in?

Oh, my. The hook is set but good.
shiner.gif

+1 on using the Stoker to run multiple WSMs. And as far as holding pork, do you have a Cambro or Carlisle food holding box yet? If not, it will make your life so much easier.

Can't help you on the name thing, LOL!

Isn't this the hardest work you've ever done to have the most fun?!

Congrats on getting that first one in the books.

Maybe you could change your name to Michael Jordan or something. :mrgreen:

See you out on the contest trail.

Back