Big BBQ Bash Brethren?

The Cosmic Pig

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It was nice to meet a couple of the Brethren while competing at the "Big BBQ Bash" in Maryville, TN this weekend! But I have to admit in one case I can't remember the gentleman's name or team name that I met at checkout since I was so out of it from lack of sleep and exhaustion! Please accept my apology, and refresh my memory! I had the pleasure of meeting Kelly from team "Uncultured Swine," and got to see his team's great new trailer! They also placed very well, I believe, but I was sitting in my truck in the parking lot listening to the awards call-out and couldn't hear real well (the Harley-Davidson business where the event took place basically tried to run us off before all of our "business" was concluded, and pretty-much succeded). Anyway, it was great to meet both of you! Were any more of the Brethren there?

I'm saddened to know that I'm not memorable. Not really, long day preceded be a long night. Our team is Firehouse Smokers and I'm Terry. I recognized your team name when you got a call from your signature here on this forum. I did the customary walk around Friday night and must have missed your site. We were right at the front gate. Congrats on your call!

Hey, Terry! Glad you found my post! I wasn't able to get any sleep Friday night, so large parts of yesterday are still a blur! I was thinking about meeting you and I couldn't even remember if I told you MY name or not! I was being sponsored by the company I work for (Alcoa), and I cooked way more than usual so I could feed our folks after turn-ins. I also did it alone! Lots more work than I want to do while competing EVER again! :wacko: But anyway, it was really nice to meet you and, again, I apologize for being so spacy! I really was a "cosmic pig" yesterday! Stay in touch!

Charlie

Back