oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Default Happy Memorial Day to me (new CTO)

I just put my deposit down on a brand spanking new Ole Hickory CTO. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep for the next three weeks while I'm waiting on it to be built.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
BobM
Babbling Farker

Congrats, and good luck with it!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
indianagriller
is one Smokin' Farker

You are going to love it...if you have any questions get with of me... My CTO is now retired from competitions and regulated to catering / vending, switching to the Jambo Pit.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Mine is going to be pulling double duty. I wanted one for catering and bigger cooks. I'm going to use it for comps as soon as I get used to it. I'm seeing a lot of stress free cooking in my future, it'll be a big step going from WSM's and UDS' to a piece of equipment like this.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

I finally picked her up today.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

A funny thing happened the same day, mine was built. They had one returned that was built two months ago and only used twice because the owner needed to expand his business. Ole Hickory called me up and asked if I still wanted the one they had just finished for me or the used for a substantial discount. The retail for a new one with a comp basket and burner switch was around $6000, I took the used one for $3800 with a full warranty and you couldn't even tell the thing had been cooked on. Thank you Ole Hickory! Now its time to get it dirty!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
JediDog
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice and the price is even nicer.. Congrats.
JediDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
Shiz-Nit
is Blowin Smoke!

The Ole Hickory CTO is one of the pits I have been eye balling myself along with SEVERAL other pits. We will be getting new pits as well. All though the Backwoods Compedititor is great our catering is growing and we will be doing more comps as well.

Please PM me after a few cooks and let me know what you think please.

Enjoy that nice new toy my friend!

Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

I plan on doing a cook friday and wednesday, I'm gonna try to take pictures, but seeing how it is about 110 degrees here, I don't know how much time I'm going to spend outside. Hopefully I'll do a comp style cook with charcoal and wood on either friday or saturday, I have two butts, a brisket and two racks of ribs ready to go for that. I cook more than that for comps, but I need an idea of cook times. I also somehow got suckered into cooking for a sister of mine for the 4th, oh well it'l give another chance to drink beer and cook, although I have no idea whatI'm cooking except for a few butts, maybe some ribs, maybe a pork loin. It should be fun.