• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mid Cook Brisket Injection

nyrangr199

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been playing around with brisket alot. Been doing cooks at 225, crutching at stall point (about 150 internal on most recent cook), then pulling, and resting for a few hours once it reaches 190. With a 14.5 lb brisket it took about 14.5 hrs.

I was very pleased with the results, the point was phenomenal, and it was the moistest flat that I've had. Tasted great and with a dip in the au jus it was even better

But in endless pursuit of perfection i want it moister. I was considering doing a second, mid cook injection with standard beef broth into the flat.

Will this work, or am i flying too close to the sun on wings of bacon fat?

On the advice of fishlessman who is an Egghead, I've been doing it for about 3 or 4 years. I call it a late injection because I wait until the internal is around 170*. I do cook my briskets hot (275* to 325*)

My late injection juice is still a jazzed up beefy broth, but I'm careful that the salt content is not too high because unlike my first (early) injection, the late injection is not in the meat long enough to cook down. Give it a try.

thanks for advice thirdeye, i'll give it a shot next time I do a brisket, let you know how it goes, sound advice on the salt content for sure

thanks for advice thirdeye, i'll give it a shot next time I do a brisket, let you know how it goes, sound advice on the salt content for sure

Below is my Au Jus recipe, I use it as a guide for my current jazzed up beefy injection. Changes for the late injection are in red.

Working in reverse....I mix the entire batch like I was making the late injection, then pour off about 8 or 10 ounces of it in a separate container and this will be used for the late injection as well as for liquid to add to the foil..... To the remainder I add more of the dry soup mix, the soy and more garlic salt. I reserve 8 or 10 ounces for the early injection. Any leftover liquid gets frozen in ice cube trays to use as single serving aujus.

1 14 oz can Beef Consume
1 packet (1/3 Packet) Lipton Beefy Onion Soup (dry mix)
1-1/2 of the soup can cold water
5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 (No soy for the late injection) splashes of Soy Sauce
1 (1/2) teaspoon of garlic salt
2 teaspoon Herb-OX beef bullion
2 teaspoons Montreal Steak rub
1 teaspoon Smokin’ Guns Rub (or any rub you like)
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Bring ingredients to a low simmer in a saucepan, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Try to avoid having the liquid come to a boil. Additional water can be added if flavors (or the salt) are too strong, or if liquid gets too thick. You want the injection to be thin. Pour through strainer to remove the onions and coarse pieces from the Montreal Steak rub.

Back