Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Got Wood.
Default 1st place brisket...and I had to miss it!

This past weekend I had to cook for a cousin's graduation party, and therefore was not able to compete. I still let my team members use the competition pit and enter a competition for a good cause.

They ended up with a 1st place brisket trophy! We've only done 4 competitions so far, and it was sad I had to miss our first 1st place call. Hopefully there will be others. Out of the 4 competitions, we've managed a 5th place trophy (out of 110) and this 1st place (out of 20 I believe) in brisket. Now, if we could only figure out the other categories!

Very proud of my teammates, and I love the uniqueness of the trophy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1105.jpg (65.1 KB, 252 views)
brog315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats! Maybe you should stay home more often... <ducking for cover>
Cat Sass BBQ - Competition BBQ Team

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
is one Smokin' Farker

Believe you fella's got a call at the inagural Sam's Club event in Conroe for Brisket? AND it was your first ever Comp as well?

Good job and conrats on that Brisket win.
Cooking on a Baby J by Jambo
[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]Are You Ready to Throwdown?[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/U]
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Got Wood.

Haha, I probably should Brauma. Although, I was only able to help out for about an hour Friday night and the one thing I was able to help on was brisket prep. Coincidence? ;)

Good memory RangerJ. That was me and the guy pictured on the left. Took the time to build a proper comp pit after that one so that we didn't have to tote the weber and charbroil anymore. Now, we're trying to cook as often as we can.
brog315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
somebody shut me the fark up.

That is a pretty neat tophy. Congrats to your team.
Pork Pullin Plowboys (and Smoke on Wheels)
Save a hog, ride a plowboy!

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote