oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #91
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigButzBBQ View Post
I admit, my addiction has started to drag my children into it...
^^^That is child endangerment! Someone could mug the poor kid and take the charcoal. You should be ashamed for leaving the charcoal unattended like that
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #92
ODU Dad
On the road to being a farker

No, I am NOT an addict! Never. I can stop any time I want to. It has been days since I bought charcoal. I have stopped MANY times and it is easy!
Damn forum.
ODU Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #93
heatseeker
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTrout View Post
I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I HAVE ENOUGH!
Charcoal and enough don't go together. You know that.....
heatseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #94
bscott
Knows what a fatty is.

I was able to snag 2 of the 15lb double packs at Wal-Mart. That didn't appear to be very much. I stopped at Lowes on my way home and grabbed 4 of the 20lb double packs. The guy at the checkout made a comment about 2 per customer. I gave him a funny look and he ended up ringing me up twice.

Now I have 220 lbs of stashed in the garage, hopefully avoiding notice by the Office of Budget Management. Off to the butcher!!
bscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #95
Kcbigben
Full Fledged Farker

Grabbed three twins from wally world in Gladstone. They had about a third of the pallet left in the garden section. No sign though...sneaky walmarters...Attachment 65191

Last edited by Kcbigben; 06-10-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Kcbigben is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #96
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcbigben View Post
Grabbed three twins from wally world in Gladstone. They had about a third of the pallet left in the garden section. No sign though...sneaky walmarters...Attachment 65191
Looking at your photo, you are still in the early stages of addiction. There is still hope for you.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #97
Kcbigben
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Looking at your photo, you are still in the early stages of addiction. There is still hope for you.

CD
Agreed...my urge is still strong

Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #98
BobM
Babbling Farker

I went to HD to get 5 double bags.
I got 7. . .
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #99
heatseeker
Full Fledged Farker

This is how I know it's bad. I just starting smoking less than 2 months ago. And it's funny this thread came up because here are my first 2 projects I have planned (mind you this is before this thread). My 1st project? Build a smoker. My 2nd project? Build a fuel container center. No joke, that's exactly what I called it and I want to house 400lbs of charcoal, 400lbs of lump, and 6 separate smoking chunk/chip types in a container on rollers to roll out to the smoker or grill (depending on what I'm doing).... I lost hope the second I signed up on this forum and I love it! If you're gonna drown, u might as well go out with a bang! Reading this I'm wondering, though....should I make it 2 fuel container centers? 1 ton of fuel just doesn't seem like it will do now
heatseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #100
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

I stopped by ChinaMart today to pick up a few more bags and it was priced at $13.98 for 30 pounds. I passed.

What kind of Memorial Day sale doesn't run through Memorial Day?

Old 05-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #101
Corky
is one Smokin' Farker

I was at Costco today and the have twin 18 pounders of Competition Briquettes for $13.

I have a large stockpile but still had to get some. Had to.
Blue Weber Performer
Blue Thermapen (Fastest in the West!)
拉猪肉
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #102
sbramm
is one Smokin' Farker

30 in the garage.... 14 more bags arrived today, thanks for letting me vent. my name is scott and i have a charcoal problem

Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #103
BigE - ERBBQ
Found some matches.

Picked up 12 more 2 packs at HD just now. It goes with the 9 packs we have left from labor day. Can never have enough.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #104
TonyT
Take a breath!

This was my first year buying charcoal at such a great price. Looking around at some of these pictures, I fear and know this will be my fate next year and I'm darn looking forward to it!
TonyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #105
Swine Spectator
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm a charcoal sale addict for sure, but even worse is that I circle the block every time I see a newly-cut tree placed on the curb on garbage day... what kind of wood is that? Is that oak??? (must stop and throw in trunk)
Swine Spectator is online now   Reply With Quote