The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 05-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Bearbonez
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default trailer plan update

North Florida trailers is working on drawings for floorplans. I decided on them because they have been the most forthright in working with me. I have contacted some others with little to no response. From what I have got back on a first draft basis, N. Fla wasn't the cheapest and not the most expensive. Talking with my sales guy, Daniel, he been very helpful.
I am waiting to hear back from some folks on what the lot lease scene is like. There are several "trailer parks" here but have limited space. I am looking at a 28'-32' trailer with a screened in porch. The porch will be 8' and will just have a 6' santa maria style grill for my weekly specials (one or two at a time). I have a 16" flatbed trailer I am getting ready to drop a new diamond plate floor on and plan on taking that to gator pits and have Ritch build an over length predator on it. I have a buddy with welding skills that will screen that in for me. That is what I would like, the lease price and the NNN of having the added trailer will be a deciding factor, if that is just pie in the sky or the numbers look good in the business plan. Enough room for a couple 10'x20' pop up tents with walls and some tables so folks can sit down and keep out of the elements would be an added bonus.
I have budgeted for new equipment, but will be looking at auctions for purchases. I am leary of buying used and being stuck with junk, but I am taking the advise of those that have the experience. I'll post more updates as things progress.

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle
Bearbonez is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
JimmyDAL
Full Fledged Farker

Good luck!
JimmyDAL is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
OL' Timer

Don't know about TX, but in TN if you are mobile, you can not have seating for customers. Check with your local HD before you buy.

Unread 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Where do you plan to set-up?
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Bearbonez

Many of the food trailers here have picnic tables. In fact a while back a non-profit org that teaches working skills to troubled teens had a project build picnic tables and selling to the food trailer community at a greatly discounted price.

Looking to set up in So. ATX likely, unless I can find something around Braker and Metric area. Not that many places to eat and no BBQ in that area. Plus there is the community college, a residential area with tons of apartment complexes, as well as the construction warehouses and medical complexes.

Gator BYCC 24"
Weber 22.5" kettle
Bearbonez is offline   Reply With Quote