Marinated Dry Rubbed Reverse Seared Oak Smoked Lamb T-Bones!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Picked up some nice Lamb Loin chops at Costco and seasoned and cooked them in my favorite manner.

First, I removed the tough membrane from the large side of each chop:

DSC_1197.jpg

Chopped up some fresh garlic, rosemary, and thyme:

DSC_1194.jpg

DSC_1195.jpg

I normally use crushed garlic from a jar, but decided to go the old fashioned route this time.

Then I made a marinade of the garlic & herbs by adding olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and lemon juice and coated each chop thoroughly in the mixture:

DSC_1200.jpg

After that, I put the chops in a sealed bag with the marinade into the fridge all day.

Later on, I fired up the Kingsford Oval with a chunk of oak:

DSC_1205.jpg

Then I generously coated each chop with Rub Co Original:

DSC_1203.jpg

And on they went!

DSC_1207.jpg

DSC_1208.jpg

I position the bone end of the chop towards the heat as this end of the chop carries more mass and needs longer heat exposure to cook through, which ensures the meat end doesn't overcook.

About ten minutes later, I flipped the chops:

DSC_1211.jpg

Then onto the hot side of the grill:

DSC_1215.jpg

Finally, I put the chops bone side down to help cook the meat near the bone more thoroughly:

DSC_1218.jpg

When the chops reached just under 140 degrees internal, I pulled them for a 10 minute rest:

DSC_1221.jpg

DSC_1222.jpg

They were perfect medium rare, and awfully tasty. If you've wanted to try lamb before, but are concerned the taste may be too "gamy" for you, these lamb loin chops would be a good start as the meat is much milder than other cuts like the leg and shank. The marinade and subsequent dry rub add great bold flavors that are perfect for lamb.

Thanks for checking out my chops!

Wow!:hungry: That looks so good I could just chit! I wish I had one of those in my hands right now.:hungry:

Sent from my Porcelain Throne using Toil-e-talk #2

Wow!:hungry: That looks so good I could just chit! I wish I had one of those in my hands right now.:hungry:

Sent from my Porcelain Throne using Toil-e-talk #2

Thanks!

And I notice the upper part of your signature is fit for a king! :thumb:

Back