THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QN

is one Smokin' Farker
Will be in DC Monday to Thursday next week. Staying near Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro station. Any good eats places in that area? I plan to visit RFD for their beverage selection.

Always a dilemma. I used to enjoy going to the House restaurant in the Capitol building for lunch before they added all the security. You have to check when they're open to the public. You can get a 5-star meal for 1-star prices, subsidized by the taxpayer. Capitol Grill is nice. Many places in Chinatown.

Whatever you do, you MUST try out at least one of the many Ethiopian restaurants in DC. There was one I visited several times on a strip that was pretty much nothing but ethnic restaurants (Thai, Indian, Ethiopian etc...) but I can't remember the street or name. Ask the Concierge at the hotel for a recommendation.

Where exactly you staying -my company's HQ is right there.
There are a ton of good places to eat - what specifically you looking for?
There is a Hill Country BBQ not far, haven't been there yet, but it looks good...

Where exactly you staying -my company's HQ is right there.
There are a ton of good places to eat - what specifically you looking for?
There is a Hill Country BBQ not far, haven't been there yet, but it looks good...

Pretty much open to anything good; prefer local one-of-a-kind places over chain operations. I'm not a 5 star, white tablecloth guy. Whole-in-the-wall places with good food are great. Staying at the Hampton Inn at 901 6th St.

I know it's been a while on this thread but I'm going to be staying at the same place. Did you ever find anything good. BBQ joints top the list but any place with good food & beer are worth listing.

There are a lot of restaurants in the area within an easy walk. If you like a large variety of different beers RFD is hard to beat; food is not bad either...

I know it's been a while on this thread but I'm going to be staying at the same place. Did you ever find anything good. BBQ joints top the list but any place with good food & beer are worth listing.
Pork Barrel BBQ is right across the river. Jaleo is close and outstanding (not BBQ)

Back