The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
rball5
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Craigslist UDS - is this a liner?

I'm still trying to decide what sort of smoker I'll buy when I close on my new house - I've seen these listed a few times & wonder if this is a liner, or what?
http://houston.craigslist.org/for/2991465427.html

Also:

It's not something I'd buy (don't like the addition of a door) but I don't think I'll be able to burn out a barrel at the new place, so I would consider buying a UDS rather than building.
rball5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
KGNickl
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Just buy a new unlined drum then and have the outside sandblasted and spray the outside with high temp paint and season the inside.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2
KGNickl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
FashionBiff
On the road to being a farker

Uline has drums unlined, closed and open top with lid. More spendy but no liner or chemically challenged drums to deal with.

Unread 05-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
El Ropo
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1

I don't see a fire basket at all. Strike 1.

Huge door. Strike 2.

The stainless steel "rack" looks like regular expanded metal. Strike 3 for false advertising.

The thermo is mounted too high (should be right below cooking grate) and it's a little stub that doesn't extend towards center of drum. Strike 4.

Not sure if that is a liner, or one of the thin anti-rust coatings they put on some drums. Strike 5

I wouldn't pay $5 for that thing. Might want to send him to the mother of all UDS threads.

Cannondale 2009 F8 (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote