The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
rowdycowboy
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Pricing

I have to price a fourth of July event for about 60 to 80 people. They are wanting pulled pork but they are also wanting chicken quarters and not sure how to price the chicken?
rowdycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

I'm cooking chicken quarters Thursday for 50 and I charged $5 per person just for the chicken. They were very happy with that price. But I'm also dropping it off. I would charge $10 per pound for the pulled pork if I'm dropping it off. But you also have to remember it costs you time and gas if you go and drop it off so there must be a fee for that as well.

Check us out on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
rowdycowboy
Full Fledged Farker

They are just wanting 2 of the big foil pans filled with chicken. I am not even sure how many quarters each of those pans will even hold. They are having pork and chicken so they are not just having chicken. I am doing 10 for the pulled pork just stumped on chicken due to they are not sure how many is coming for sure just want 2 of the pans of chicken.
rowdycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

I guess the kicker here would be how tightly stacked you arrange them and how large they are would determine the answer here. Pricing the pan full without knowing an exact weight would be tricky. I would suggest pricing what your cost is per leg quarter multiply the cost x 3 and tell them that is what they will cost per quarter and for them to order how many quarters they would like.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
smokin joe's and son
Got Wood.

Since you are providing pulled pork, I would figure 36 quarters for 60 people and 48 quarters if the number is 80 people. By the way, 30 pounds of raw pork for 60, and 40 pounds for 80. I agree with HBMTN, meat cost x 3, plus your delivery. When some one does not know how many guest they are expecting, but some how they want their caterer to provide enough meat? Go figure. There is quite a bit of difference between having enough food for 60 versus 80. I let them make the call on how much, (obviously with your input).
smokin joe's and son is offline   Reply With Quote