The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 04-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Hozman
Take a breath!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question Is this common?

No outside alcohol? Doing our first comp and was going through the rules. It states no outside beer due to state law. Is this common in other states? Says that BBQ teams will be allowed to buy pony keg or half barrel from distributor on site.

Another rule is no sale, distribution or promotion of any goods to include t shirts. I was hoping to take some extra shirts and maybe trade with other teams. This is something as a fireman we do as we travel for classes and seminars. Get a real nice collection of shirts from around the U.S. and world.

Unread 04-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozman View Post
No outside alcohol? Doing our first comp and was going through the rules. It states no outside beer due to state law. Is this common in other states? Says that BBQ teams will be allowed to buy pony keg or half barrel from distributor on site.

Another rule is no sale, distribution or promotion of any goods to include t shirts. I was hoping to take some extra shirts and maybe trade with other teams. This is something as a fireman we do as we travel for classes and seminars. Get a real nice collection of shirts from around the U.S. and world.
Booze can be at the discretion of the promoter and in some cases the location could be covered under state / local laws.

As far as the T shirts, don't know how what you have and who you trade it with gets monitored. Just don't set up a Tshirt booth...
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Be discrete. Use a red cup.

No sales is common. At many events the organizers sell shirts and don't want competition. Others have vendors that pay a fee or %. Trading a short with other teams is fine.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Hot Grill on Grill Logan
Knows what a fatty is.

we ran into that last year. Like ford said, use a red solo cup and just be smart about it. We brought our own beer and keep it in our site/tent. We walked around with the solo cups and were not bothered by anyone. It felt no different than any comp.
Hot Grill on Grill Logan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think what the rules are saying is that you will not be allowed to bring beer onto the site. That all beer must be sold on site and from their approved vendor. So the RSC is not the issue, it is that you are being told where you can get beer. Which sucks, as I am sure the beer will not meet everyone's preference.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

that is what they're saying. ignore them.

but be nice about it.

maybe buy a couple from the vendor to help em out, but when the beer truck leaves @ 9 o'clock whadaya supposed to do?

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
Bbq Bubba

aint you ever heard of the red cup rule??? :)
Northern midwest director for OBR
www.operationbbqrelief.com
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
landarc

We went to a baseball complex in Redding California, they have a rule that says they do not allow outside beverages due to Health Department rules...on site sales blah blah B.S.! They charge $8 for a Coors can.

And they search all bags and coolers. No bottle water, soda, gatorade, ice in containers or powdered beverages. You MUST buy all beverages on site. Athletes only may bring in one container, up to 24 ounces, of water per day.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
We went to a baseball complex in Redding California, they have a rule that says they do not allow outside beverages due to Health Department rules...on site sales blah blah B.S.! They charge $8 for a Coors can.

And they search all bags and coolers. No bottle water, soda, gatorade, ice in containers or powdered beverages. You MUST buy all beverages on site. Athletes only may bring in one container, up to 24 ounces, of water per day.
have you been back?

i'm pretty sure it's unlawful to deny water.

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote