The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 04-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Mississippi Springfest May 1st-5th entry available

I have a contest entry for this event and will not be able to use it. Anyone interested in a discounted entry PM me or WannaBeBBQueen.

Swamp Pit BBQ's freeloader

To part or not to part: that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to part and suffer the slings and arrows of ostentatious brothers or to not part when faced with a sea of dissent, and by compromise end it? To part: to succeed. Forever more: and by succeed to say we win.

Yeah it looks good...but how does it smell?

Member of The Big Guns BBQ Team Semper Fumantem

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Shoulda posted this last week...or maybe you were waiting for the 175 early entry to expire.
dmprantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
4uweque
Full Fledged Farker

Pm sent
4uweque is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
OutlawSwine
is one Smokin' Farker

Uploads: 1

If this is still available I may take you up on that. I don't have a contest planned that weekend so it would work out pretty good.

Has anyone taken you up on this offer yet?

Unread 04-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
Shoulda posted this last week...or maybe you were waiting for the 175 early entry to expire.

As a fellow brethren I think I am insulted.

I live in New York and know nothing of this contest, its fee or its discounting practice. I am not looking for full price either. Just thought when I found it in paperwork from the banquet that it would be nice to offer to the brethren. Maybe someone looking to get into a contest over 1000 miles away from me.

To part or not to part: that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to part and suffer the slings and arrows of ostentatious brothers or to not part when faced with a sea of dissent, and by compromise end it? To part: to succeed. Forever more: and by succeed to say we win.

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

4uweque

Sent a PM. We haven't inked a deal but he/she has first refusal. I will send you a PM if he/she pulls out?

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
As a fellow brethren I think I am insulted.

I live in New York and know nothing of this contest, its fee or its discounting practice. I am not looking for full price either. Just thought when I found it in paperwork from the banquet that it would be nice to offer to the brethren. Maybe someone looking to get into a contest over 1000 miles away from me.
It wasn't meant as an insult. If I had been in your shoes, I may have waited for the deadline myself. It just seemed a bit odd that the day you posted it for sale was the date that the early registration discount expired. Chalk it up to coincidence: I take you at your word. Had you offerred it a week earlier, I definitely would have taken you up on it as I was already planning to attend.

dmp

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmprantz View Post
It wasn't meant as an insult. If I had been in your shoes, I may have waited for the deadline myself. It just seemed a bit odd that the day you posted it for sale was the date that the early registration discount expired. Chalk it up to coincidence: I take you at your word. Had you offerred it a week earlier, I definitely would have taken you up on it as I was already planning to attend.

dmp
Ah understood. No harm no foul. Wish I had found a week earlier heh. Hopefully someone will get to use it. Just waiting on a response from 4uweque.

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
dmprantz
is One Chatty Farker

Doesn't look like you'll have much trouble. Report back if things fall through.

Unread 04-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

Sorry was off for a few days. 4uweque hasn't responded. Still up for grabs.