oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Late nite Cook

I realized that I hadn't posted any pics in a while so here are some pics of some ribs that went on at 9:45 pm. THere are also pics of them right before I wrapped them.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 06:00 AM   #2
qman
Babbling Farker

Default RE: Late nite Cook

Nice looking ribs, Mista. Now you done gone and made me want bbq for breakfast at six am.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
icemn62
Babbling Farker

I was looking forward to steak and eggs for breakfast, but wondering if there is any way to get some ribs this early in the AM.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
Bigdog

I think Mista is the Rib Master. His ribs always look so good. What rub do you use?
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
qman
Babbling Farker

Default Re: RE: Late nite Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemn62
I was looking forward to steak and eggs for breakfast, but wondering if there is any way to get some ribs this early in the AM.
I don't know about your neighorhood, iceman, but here in central florida, the only way we can do it is to pull them out of the freezer and defrost. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but we used to have a real old-fashioned bbq joint[and I do mean joint] here in Orlando that was open for breakfast, and they served pulled pork, ribs, and smoked brisket as part of their breakfast selections. Nothing much better than pulled pork and a couple of eggs, IMO.
Steak and Eggs not too shabby, either :D

LOL

Old 08-13-2005, 11:11 AM   #6
Ron_L

Default RE: Re: RE: Late nite Cook

Nice ribs, Mista! Welcome back! Go to Cattle Call and re-introduce yourself! :D

The Naked Fatty!

I'm thinking about summer!

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 12:29 PM   #7
Solidkick

Mista.....what'd ya smoke with?
Ribs look good!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 01:15 PM   #8
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog
I think Mista is the Rib Master. His ribs always look so good. What rub do you use?
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Paprika
Cayenne
Dried Ground Habanero
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cumin
Cinnamon

This is my "less is more" rub. Wife wanted less sweet so I left out the Brown Sugar, Allspice and ground New Mexico Chili. When I'm feeling really fancy, I'll actually buy whole dried chilies and whole cumin seeds, toast them in a skillet and ground them myself.

TO answer Mr. Kick, I use a combo of Kingsford and Best of the West Mesquite Lump Charcoal.

One last thing, I realized I didn't have any apple juice and it was too late to go get some, so I drizzled some tequilla on the ribs when I wrapped them. Any guesses on how they will turn out? Going to cut them now. I'll take more pics.

Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Remembering Scott

Old 08-13-2005, 02:43 PM   #9
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista
Quote:
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Paprika
Cayenne
Dried Ground Habanero
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cumin
Cinnamon

This is my "less is more" rub. Wife wanted less sweet so I left out the Brown Sugar, Allspice and ground New Mexico Chili. When I'm feeling really fancy, I'll actually buy whole dried chilies and whole cumin seeds, toast them in a skillet and ground them myself.

TO answer Mr. Kick, I use a combo of Kingsford and Best of the West Mesquite Lump Charcoal.

One last thing, I realized I didn't have any apple juice and it was too late to go get some, so I drizzled some tequilla on the ribs when I wrapped them. Any guesses on how they will turn out? Going to cut them now. I'll take more pics.
Equal parts of each? Not a big fan of cinnamon on my ribs. Is it obvious?
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:25 PM   #10
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Well how did they turn out? Had to attend a wedding, come home and realize there is nothing in the house to eat. On my way to the store looks like some grilled hot dogs for me and my son. I should have blown off the wedding and went with my wife to visit the in laws.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #11
Bigmista

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Paprika
Cayenne
Dried Ground Habanero
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cumin
Cinnamon

Equal parts of each? Not a big fan of cinnamon on my ribs. Is it obvious?
It isn't obvious. I never really measure but in parts, it is probably some thing like:

8 - Kosher Salt
8 - Black Pepper
4 - Paprika
3 - Cayenne
1 - Dried Ground Habanero
8 - Garlic Powder
4 - Onion Powder
2 - Cumin
1 - Cinnamon

That's an estimate

God loves BBQ!

Remembering Scott

Old 08-14-2005, 10:44 AM   #12
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemn62
Quote:
Well how did they turn out? Had to attend a wedding, come home and realize there is nothing in the house to eat. On my way to the store looks like some grilled hot dogs for me and my son. I should have blown off the wedding and went with my wife to visit the in laws.
Got out to the concert (Long Beach Jazz Festival) and went to open up the pan of ribs to take a pic and Gosh Darnit (just wanted to see if you were paying attention) the batteries in the camera were dead.

Suffice to say the ribs were good, people all around us wanted to try them and one couple that owns a commercial lending company wants me to cater some stuff for them.

Nice day.

God loves BBQ!

Remembering Scott

Old 08-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #13
Bigdog

Quote:
Got out to the concert (Long Beach Jazz Festival) and went to open up the pan of ribs to take a pic and Gosh Darnit (just wanted to see if you were paying attention) the batteries in the camera were dead.

Suffice to say the ribs were good, people all around us wanted to try them and one couple that owns a commercial lending company wants me to cater some stuff for them.

Nice day.
See, I knew your ribs were good. Thanks for the rub recipe Neil. I added 1 part Hab (unsed some of Mark's, thanks Mark), 4 parts sugar and 1 part of alspice. Does that sound about right? I have a rack of spares in the Bandera right now with the rub on them. Looks like ribs for supper.
Smoke on Brother KC

Old 08-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #14
Bigmista

Sounds right to me! Should be a nice rack. Post a pic!

God loves BBQ!

Remembering Scott