The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Smokin Hoggz
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill
Default NEW Sponsor for 2012

We are very excited to introduce the newest member to the Smokin' Hoggz BBQ Team: Head Country BBQ!!!!! They make some of the Best BBQ products on the market today and we are thrilled to be partnered up with them and their product!! Thank you for the support.

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Congratulations!!

Checkout my new Cookbook on [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Diva-Qs-Barbecue-Recipes-Cooking/dp/0147529824"][B]AMAZON[/B][/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Life is too short for bad BBQ[/B][/SIZE]®[/CENTER]
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
Code3BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Congrats.
KCBS & SLBS Member
Code3BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
ModelMaker
is Blowin Smoke!

Commercial???
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
Commercial???
Ed
Ed I dont really see it as a commercial as much as some one showing that the company is giving something back to the cooks?
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Congrats!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Congratulations!
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Ed I dont really see it as a commercial as much as some one showing that the company is giving something back to the cooks?
with just a few posts and little to no contributions to this forum it is just a commercial. I see a lot of hit and run posters that do nothing, little more than take more then they give. Just an example for the good Brethern sponsorship...or ad...OakRidge offered free product for (I think the 1st 50 ) after that some basic shipping cost. Plowboys (rub) and iQue (book) have been around and provided many tips and answered questions about their products.

How does this sponser give back to the Brethren ?

not an argument, but a discussion that I am willing to defend, with logic!

congrats on the sponsership!! I wish you the best!!

Last edited by Smokin' Gnome BBQ; 04-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: brethren.
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
MilitantSquatter

Mod Note : The mods and admin have already reviewed & discussed the thread.

We're OK with the announcement that a team has a new sponsor..In a perfect world, the logo and large, bold font etc. ideally could have been removed so it doesn't come across like an ad but we agreed to let it go...

As long as the thread does not turn into a continued advertisement and future threads do not do the same.

If you see content you believe violates a forum rule, please report it and let the mods/admin make the call vs. debating on the forum.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
with just a few posts and little to no contributions to this forum it is just a commercial. I see a lot of hit and run posters that do nothing, little more than take more then they give. Just an example for the good Brethern sponsorship...or ad...OakRidge offered free product for (I think the 1st 50 ) after that some basic shipping cost. Plowboys (rub) and iQue (book) have been around and provided many tips and answered questions about their products.

I guess I was just lookin at in the aspect that they were doing something with a team not the forum as a whole. And I agree that others do S.O.W. ,Plowboys etc do put in a lot of great advice . I do see others constantly spamming the board nothing is said but I also dont have access to the internet during the day so I may miss a lot. Usually why I dont chime in on these discussions because I miss what happened /modded during the day.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
Transformer BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I have way more issue with people with hundreds of posts and little to no contributions; but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.

Quote:

Transformer BBQ
FEC 100, Lang 60M, Jamie Geer Backyard
Viking Professional Gasser
Transformer BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz View Post
I guess I was just lookin at in the aspect that they were doing something with a team not the forum as a whole. And I agree that others do S.O.W. ,Plowboys etc do put in a lot of great advice . I do see others constantly spamming the board nothing is said but I also dont have access to the internet during the day so I may miss a lot. Usually why I dont chime in on these discussions because I miss what happened /modded during the day.
you just missed my belief that if you want to advertise.pay for it and do it in the right thread..one day Ill get the whole "troll" treatment ...but I belive if you want to promote it...take a couple of the $$$ and help us all out. (forum ..Brethren wise)

Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #13
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer BBQ View Post
I have way more issue with people with hundreds of posts and little to no contributions; but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.

agreed.as well, Iput my whole rib process out there and was belittled for it..no help just put to shame..how is your record?

p.s. I use Fab B for beef....1/4c per 2 1/4 of swansons veg broth..any takers?????????

Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
Transformer BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
agreed.as well, Iput my whole rib process out there and was belittled for it..no help just put to shame..how is your record?

p.s. I use Fab B for beef....1/4c per 2 1/4 of swansons veg broth..any takers?????????
My record with? posting? contests?
Transformer BBQ
FEC 100, Lang 60M, Jamie Geer Backyard
Viking Professional Gasser
Transformer BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #15
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformer BBQ View Post
Welocme to the forum , head on over to cattle something or another and introduce yourself.

Btw, since this thread is about head country , Do you have gallon jugs in stock?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote