ServSafe Certification Finally

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well with no classes coming to my neck of the woods here in rural Pa, I finally called an instructor and scheduled an online test.
I talked to him yesterday evening, purchased the online class last night and took the test this evening at 5:00 PM.

Now that was a lot to do in a short time, and wouldn't do it that fast again. It was a 90 min drive to the instructors house, and I finished the online class with enough time to jump in the shower and hit the road. The online class took a little over 8 hours, and no way to skip any sections even if you wanted to, which I didn't.

Nice thing is its all done now, and by doing the class and test online, got to see the results immediately.
I passed with a 95 and was very releaved.

You should now be able to teach serve safe now that you got a 95.
I took mine 2 years ago and got a 95 and I'm able to become a instructor

You should now be able to teach serve safe now that you got a 95.
I took mine 2 years ago and got a 95 and I'm able to become a instructor

I studied hard, and its amazing how much information is in this class. I thought I knew a lot about food safety, until I got through the first couple chapters.

Highly recommend people to take this, its 10-12 hours including taking the test, but gives you a new outlook on food safety.

Ha congrats! I just got my results back and I passed with a 95 as well!

Just curious, which class? I was able to take the ServSafe food handler course online. Only took a couple of hours, and 15 bucks, thought it was a good investment. (got a 97) Were you speaking of that one or the manager training?

Just for catering and vending isn't the food handlers certificate enough? What the advantage of the Manager class? Just more info? Thanks for the information

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Just for catering and vending isn't the food handlers certificate enough? What the advantage of the Manager class? Just more info? Thanks for the information

I can't speak to this really as I don't know what the handler class covers. But here in Iowa ServeSafe is not required but it does state if not trained it has a couple of pages the person in charge needs to know. When reading this I thought ServeSafe was a no brainer. Mainly all the employee requirements including all the sickness and microrganism stuff. However during my inspection she mentioned the forms used to reporting and tracking this stuff she said not such an issue with just family. I tod here I had them available and she didn't need to see them.

Bottom line I would imagine in a state it is required at least one person would need the manger certificate.....but don't know for sure

Jeff

Serve Safe is not required for vending and catering.

Why so? You need a HD commissary at least. So if you use a legal kitchen you push that to the kitchen owner? Just askin not following the line of thinking

Why so? You need a HD commissary at least. So if you use a legal kitchen you push that to the kitchen owner? Just askin not following the line of thinking

Correct. A kitchen manager is required to have one. A comissary user wouldnt require it (in most states) but obviously a great thing to have. Your local HD may or may not be impressed.

You do not need a comissary if you get your trailer licensed as an actual kitchen. :mrgreen:

Correct. A kitchen manager is required to have one. A comissary user wouldnt require it (in most states) but obviously a great thing to have. Your local HD may or may not be impressed.

You do not need a comissary if you get your trailer licensed as an actual kitchen. :mrgreen:

But do get your trailer licensed, you do need a ServSafe Manager Certification, Sales Tax License and Fed ID, at least in Pa.

Agreed Bubba, but for a wedding we are doing we are at a hall, they wanted our certificate number. Have not run across this before. Dont know if they can tell by the number if its a food handler or a manager. Probably not

Agreed Bubba, but for a wedding we are doing we are at a hall, they wanted our certificate number. Have not run across this before. Dont know if they can tell by the number if its a food handler or a manager. Probably not

Im not sure now i know the difference. I took the ServSafe course and got the managers cert. Maybes theres another version of that course but i havent seen any in Mi.

OK, after some searching, there is a food handlers cert but it is useless unless you are working UNDER a certified manager. Save your money and take the managers course. I can get you in at Sysco possibly.

Perfect, let me know when

Back