The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 03-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default OK I Need Some AMESPHOS BEFORE Saturday!!

Express shipping from The Ingredient Store is extremely high. I am hoping that there is a Brother or Sister somewhere near me that has some on hand, and would be willing to sell to me.

Or perhaps suggest another way of getting it before Saturday?

Anyone?

BTW Mods I hope I didn't mess up by putting this here, I just figured that more people in this section would be likely to have it than anyone else.

Last edited by Q-Dat; 03-25-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I'll bet if you PM he, He is on the brethren or use another media (FB) he can get it in the mail.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Thanks! Just messaged him!

Unread 03-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Arlin_MacRae

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dat View Post
BTW Mods I hope I didn't mess up by putting this here, I just figured that more people in this section would be likely to have it than anyone else.
You're good, bro.

NB El Dorado Offset, Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Black Thermapen, red backlit Thermapen
Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
Missin' KC...
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
djqualls
Full Fledged Farker

You should really just "Trust Your Butcher" Just sayin, I'll be there Friday and can help with product in that market.

Jambo J5 "The Dream Maker"
R&O Trailer Pit
Gateway "Insane" Can
3x FEC100's
Cookshack Charbroiler
Lagre Big Green Egg
djqualls is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqualls View Post
You should really just "Trust Your Butcher" Just sayin, I'll be there Friday and can help with product in that market.
Thanks Brother. I do want to try the Butcher's products, but right now we aren't injecting brisket, just pork. I have a pork injection recipe that calls for Amesphos, so I'm gonna run with that this time. After that its gonna be a while before I compete again, so I'll have plenty of time to experiment.

Unread 03-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Oh by the way, outstanding customer service by The Ingredient Store this morning! I emailed them this morning with my issue, and they told me to just order it with regular ground shipping and they would hurry the processing along.

Within an hour of placing my order, I got an email letting me know that it was shipped! Great service by the Ames folks!

Unread 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
Scottie
Babbling Farker

They are great folks to deal with. They get orders shipped in a timely manner. I have some Amesphos if this falls through. Let me know and I could get you some out.

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
They are great folks to deal with. They get orders shipped in a timely manner. I have some Amesphos if this falls through. Let me know and I could get you some out.
The expected delivery day is Wednesday, so I should be good to go, but thank you for the offer!

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
huminie
is one Smokin' Farker

Just an FYI...Butcher's sells more than brisket injection. Certainly that is what he is famous for, but he sells a pork injection and even a BBQ phosphate that sounds like what you were looking for. He also has great rubs and sauces too! I can understand not wanting to change a recipe at a contest, but just information for the future. Definitely Trust Your Butcher!

Unread 03-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #11
Crash
is One Chatty Farker

Amesphos??? The secret is out. If Scottie uses it...........well, damn him for sharing.

Unread 03-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #12
rawtalent
On the road to being a farker

A cheaper way to go:

http://www.alliedkenco.com/additive-...hate-16oz.aspx

Unread 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #13
jketron
Full Fledged Farker

How do you use amesphos in injections? Do you just add a certain amt to what you already inject? How much?
jketron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jketron View Post
How do you use amesphos in injections? Do you just add a certain amt to what you already inject? How much?
Well I'm just following an injection recipe, so I'm in the stage of familiarizing myself with the product, but I'm sure someone here can tell you more.

Unread 03-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
huminie
is one Smokin' Farker

I am not familiar with this specific product, but it sounds like a basic phosphate. That would be an ingredient in any of the commercial injections you could buy. So if you were making your own injection from scratch, then this would be an ingredient you may want to use.

Kinda like if you were making your own rub, you would need to buy yourself some salt as one of the main ingredients...except salt can be found in any local store, and phosphates are a bit tougher to come across.

I wouldn't consider this product to be any sort of secret. You would still have to build a good injection around the product. Most folks I know go with one of the pre-made brands and then tweak that to their own preference. That is what I do as well. The makers of injections have already spent the hours and dollars to develop and test their products, so why duplicate the efforts?