BBQ Brethren "Combo Plate" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Combo Plate!"[/size]
UltimateThrowdownB2.jpg

thirdeye's winning entry from the Ultimate Throwdown!

...as chosen by R2Egg2Q, the winner of the Bones Gone Wild Throwdown!

R2's vision for this one is as follows...
R2Egg2Q said:
For the next TD category I was thinking "Combo Plate" or "Make it a Combo" or something along those lines. My inspiration for this was some of my old favorite "Two-Way" or "Three-Way" combo plates at the local BBQ joint.

To allow for greater variety, I'm thinking the entries don't need to be the traditional BBQ combos as long as at least two meats have been prepared on a smoker or grill are presented on the entry. I'd say sides are encouraged but not required. Heck, I suppose the plate shouldn't really be required so folks could serve up the combo on butcher paper like the historic Texas BBQ joints.

What do you think?

I think it's a great idea!:thumb:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/16 through Sunday 3/25.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 3/25.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 3/26 after the "Vote" thread is submitted and will run through Sunday 4/1. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the "Something Green" Throwdown until Sunday night 3/18 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the "Something Fishy" Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Sweet baby cheeses! Another TD? I can't keep track of them all and seem to always forget to enter. Can someone put together a flow chart or something?

Sweet baby cheeses! Another TD? I can't keep track of them all and seem to always forget to enter. Can someone put together a flow chart or something?

The Baby Cheeses TD already ended. :becky:

comboplate.jpg

Am I the only one that wonders if this poor girl has ever accidentally gotten that fancy belly button piercing chain thing caught on a door knob (or any other knob if you want to go there) as she walked by? :shocked: I always wonder this when I see people that have the chain that runs from their ear to their nose. I have to assume that at some point that thing has gotten caught and led to a painful life lesson.

nc02.jpg

Am I the only one that wonders if this poor girl has ever accidentally gotten that fancy belly button piercing chain thing caught on a door knob (or any other knob if you want to go there) as she walked by? :shocked: I always wonder this when I see people that have the chain that runs from their ear to their nose. I have to assume that at some point that thing has gotten caught and led to a painful life lesson.

That's where the Pink Slime comes from.

Okay, I guess I'll toss out the first pitch.

Doghouse BBQ Three Meat Combo

Welcome to the Doghouse. Today's Special is the Three Meat BBQ Combo Platter.

You get Brisket, rubbed Texas style with equal parts Salt, Black Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper.

picture.php

Plus Baby Back Ribs rubbed with Dr. BBQ's Big-Time BBQ Rub recipe.

picture.php

And, some German Sausage from Woody's Smokehouse in Centerville, Texas.

It's all smoked at 225 over Kingsford Blue and Pecan wood on the WSM.

On the side, we have a red potato salad, made with Mayonnaise, Brown Mustard, Cider Vinegar, chopped Sweet onion, chopped Celery, Salt, Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper.

We also have some Ranch Style Beans, kicked up with chopped Onion, chopped Bell Pepper, chopped Jalepeño Pepper, SBR BBQ Sauce, and real Maple Syrup. A nice sweet-hot side.

BBQ sauce on the side. Just a little SBR with some added honey and cayenne pepper.

To wash it down, we have an ice cold beer.

picture.php

picture.php

And, one for the money.

picture.php

Enjoy!

CD

Back