Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Full Fledged Farker
Default Pitmaker Smokers

Has anyone had any experience with Pitmaker smokers? I am more so interested in the BBQ Safe. Just trying to get some feedback on different smokers out there. What is the advantages or disadvantages of these over other smokers on the market.
cmohr74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Here are a few threads...
"Ron Rico, Boss. You can call me Captain Ron..."

2018 Chicago Area Mid-Winter Lunch!!!

The Naked Fatty!

4x Hunsaker Cans/Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
is One Chatty Farker

Tagged for following this thread. I am currently hiding money to get a Pitmaker and after looking at both their vertical and offset I am torn. I love the absolute indestructability of the Safe and Vault or the massive grill space and offset style of the Long Rifle Sniper. Either way, those things are built to be "forever" smokers.
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Victor and George are great and their cookers are amazing. We had a blast at the Houston Livestock and Rodeo earlier this month. Here's their cooker that won for best pit at HLSR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (60.2 KB, 155 views)
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
Full Fledged Farker

cmohr74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Full Fledged Farker

While their pits are really nice, Customer service has been non-existent since they got my money.
Few Eggs, FEC100, Custom Bates, Midnight Smoker, UDS, and A Pitmaker Vault
rabeb25 is offline   Reply With Quote