MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #1
Quigley
Got Wood.

Default Room for RV's at Competitions

I own a good size RV (42ft) and want to hook up my trailer to it. Now I know if you pay a bit more you can get a larger site. I haven't been on the circuit for while and was wonder if it is common to see such a large set up. Or do most people set up the tent/trailer and move the RV to other parking.
Quigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #2
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

Getting better on site size.
Old standard was 20 X 20. Hardly enough room for a cooker and canopy.
Now--it depends on the venue.
Mobile had HUGE sites with full RV hookups including sewer and 30 Amp power. Barnesville Ga had tiny, tiny sites.
We just paid $50 extra for Dillard RV sized site. Key Largo coming up has RV friendly sites for no extra cost.

I have heard orgainzers and Reps talk about larger sites being the Norm in the future. Sport is getting so big and teams are getting more and more sophisticated.

So, you just have to check each event and see what they offer.

TIM
Just sold Yoder YS640 due health
New Ninja Woodfired Grill for Christmas 2023
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Quote:
I have heard orgainzers and Reps talk about larger sites being the Norm in the future. Sport is getting so big and teams are getting more and more sophisticated.
Entertaining guests of sponsors on Friday night is getting to be part of the routine. Certainly takes extra space for that too. Hardly seems necessary to "rough it" at a contest, bigger spaces are the way of the future.
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
Quigley
Got Wood.

Well I certainly paid some dues years ago. I have done my share of sleeping on a chair, holding a tent down in a rain storm walking up to my knees in mud. Now I quess you could say I am a bit spoiled.
Quigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #5
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just ask Phil, I was pissing and moaning all weekend about the size of the sites. 20 x 20 is insane. Same went for Shannon. We were allowed to spill out in both. Shannon we went backwords abot 5 feet and it gave us 20 x 25. Grillkings allowed some spillage and ended up about 23 x 23.

I would love to see 30 x 30 as the standard.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote