The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 03-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
fedex
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Q for 25 - 30 Guests

Hey Guys, This is not a catering gig just a B-Day party at the house. I'm planning on Ribs and Pulled Pork. I don't want to many leftovers but on the other hand I don't want be caught short either. How many racks of ribs and pork butts should I get? I was guessing about 8 Racks and 4 Butts. Thanks for any input.
UDS, Jumbo Joe 2013, 26" Weber, SS Blue Performer, WGA Charcoal, Q100 & Wife Model#1962
fedex is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

What else are you having with the Butt and Ribs. If you are having a few sides I'd say one rack of ribs and one pound of pulled pork for every three guests. So if I was having 30 guests I would cook ten racks of ribs and two eight - nine lbs butts.

Check us out on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
nthole
Babbling Farker

Are these all adults, or some kids? Men and women? I calculate a serving of ribs as 4 bones and a serving of pork as 1/4 lb cooked. If you don't want leftovers I would be looking somewhere around 6 racks of ribs and an 8lb pork butt. That would be cutting it pretty close. I think 4 butts is way too much. 8 racks and 2 7lb butts should be plenty. Does depend on the number of sides.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
teej
On the road to being a farker

I cooked 3 10lb butts this past weekend for about 50 people and had plenty left over. 4 butts would be way too much I think. I would shoot for about 20 - 25lbs pork shoulder (uncooked) and 6 -8 racks of ribs sounds about right. This may need to be adjusted giving consideration for sides and number of kids included in the final guest count.
teej is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

If you have leftovers, give it to guests to talk home. Get a few Ziplock freezer bags and send home a gift pack.

Saddles BBQ Bistro

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
fedex
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks for the help. All guests will be adults and there will be alot of sides. Kind of like a BBQ potluck but I'm doing all the meat. BTW leftovers not a bad thing as long as I get them LOL
UDS, Jumbo Joe 2013, 26" Weber, SS Blue Performer, WGA Charcoal, Q100 & Wife Model#1962
fedex is offline   Reply With Quote