The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
LoneStar Smoke Rangers
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Big Thanks to Butchers BBQ, Kosmos Q, and Texas Pepper Jelly!!!

I would like to thank all of those who came out for Mike Davis and Lotta Bull U class this last weekend. It was a great time had by all!!!

To KCBS Reps and Master Judges Phil and Kathy Brazier, who gave us great insight in what the judges are looking for. Their knowledge and experience was priceless and they took the time to answer everyones questions.

To Dave Bouska with Butchers BBQ for his lecture and brisket demonstration. Dave's experience was a great part of this class. I know he gave me a couple of techniques I will be using this year and not just in Brisket. Cameron from BAM BAM BBQ had better not spill the beans on that one!!! It was also fun watching Dave and Mike go at it.

To Darian and Jamie Khosravi with Kosmos Q for his lecture and insight on Chicken, Pork, and Brisket. Jamie was such a big help as well, pitching in and helping Mike and Debbie with whatever was needed. Darian's story telling was definately a funny section of the class.

To Craig Sharry Owner of Texas Pepper Jelly and Grand Champion of 2011 Houston Livestock Rodeo BBQ Championship for his insight on finishing sauces and glazes. I have already put my order in.

This was such a successful class for everyone and a great time had by all!!! I look forward to seeing all those great folks from the class this year at competitions in 2012.
LoneStar Smoke Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #2
Bam Bam
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0

We lucked out! Such a fun class! Mike and Deb couldn't be cooler, then to have the added bonus of Dave Bouska, Darian Khosravi, Craig Sharry, and the Braziers! Worth the 20 hour drive for sure! Don't worry Tony, my lips are sealed. ;)
Bbqislandinc.com
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
Crash
is One Chatty Farker

Wow. That was a serious, All-Star cast. I'm totally jealous. Sounds like it was money well spent.

Unread 02-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
mking7
Knows what a fatty is.

Great class with great people. Enjoyed meeting all of you. If any of you ever come slummin' on the IBCA circuit I hope to run into you.

Unread 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
LoneStar Smoke Rangers

Good luck to everyone competing this weekend and Craig defending his title in Houston.

Unread 02-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks everyone, it was fun and very honored that we were ask to attend and ask to do what we did.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Cloudsmoker
Take a breath!

Downloads: 1

As one of the fortunate few who was there - many thanks to all involved. Just a wonderful weekend of encouragement and first rate teaching.

Unread 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
CaptTable
Full Fledged Farker

Kathy & I had a great time, also. We don't get to go "out west" very often, but we love it when we do. It was cool to see and meet some of the wonderful people Mike & Debbie have told us about and see, again, some that we had met a while back.

Hope you all keep in touch with us.

Phillip
CaptTable is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Sounds like a outstanding group there

Team BBQ Thom.com
Kyle Emery Head Cook
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
LoneStar Smoke Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTable View Post
Kathy & I had a great time, also. We don't get to go "out west" very often, but we love it when we do. It was cool to see and meet some of the wonderful people Mike & Debbie have told us about and see, again, some that we had met a while back.

Hope you all keep in touch with us.

Phillip
Hey Phil,

If you can, give us a few of the contests you will be involved with this year. Would love to see Kathy and the crew again. Thanks again for all your help.

Unread 02-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #11
CaptTable
Full Fledged Farker

Our next few are Pensacola, FL, Mobile, AL, Hammond, LA, and Sevierville, TN. Then we move over to GA and NC for a while.

Would love to see you guys at any or all.

Phillip
CaptTable is offline   Reply With Quote