The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 07-25-2005, 09:38 AM   #46
BellyBrotherII
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default RE: Re: What a day!

WAY TO GO Brothers!!!! We are so proud of you guys!
Gongrats to DrBBQ, Phil, Parrothead, BrooklynQ "Brothers In Smoke"! We need Pics as soon as you can!
Belly Brothers BBQ Team
(MOFO Chapter)
Custom Push Behind Grill / Custom Push Behind Spicewine Smoker.

*When in doubt smoke it*
BellyBrotherII is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #47
BellyBrotherII

Default RE: Re: What a day!

The BBQ Brethren Make the News: Check link
http://columbiamissourian.com/news/story.php?ID=15031
Belly Brothers BBQ Team
(MOFO Chapter)
Custom Push Behind Grill / Custom Push Behind Spicewine Smoker.

*When in doubt smoke it*
BellyBrotherII is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 11:00 AM   #48
Trout_man22
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 3
Default Re: RE: What a day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Congratulations to all our brothers out there on a job well done both in MO and NY. We WANT PICS!
Why? Just to prove that pictures can be posted?

"
God either exists or He doesn't.... I believe in God." Blaise Pascal
I'm a sinner, I regret my sin and will try to never do it again.
Trout_man22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 11:09 AM   #49
t-bone49
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default CRS can't remember s...

Told ya in the last post i was bad remembering names! Sharon was lovely! Barbara was a lady I met who runs her own fishing charter boat out of Mt. Sinai. Can outfish most of the guys. For you local LI guys she can be contacted through http://www.noreast.com/homepage/index.
She posts as 1moredrift and is a moderator. I keep meeting all these great women, but they're all married. Damn!!! This is a link to her webpage. http://www.noreast.com/listings/view...subregion_ID=9
Maybe I should start smoking fish. ANyone ever do striped bass?

Single again!! Lookin for a good woman with a smoker. If interested, send pic of smoker...
t-bone49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 03:05 PM   #50
brucesieg

Default team

it was a great experience for me to compete on the same team as phil,rob,greg and paul. it was a pleasure and hope to it again soon. and i dont care what anyone thinks we should of one chicken also it was farking great. we did learn however that brooklyn q is phils long lost twin.
brucesieg is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #51
spicewine
Babbling Farker

Congrats to all!!! I know you all had a great time!! We had our Brethren Banners flying proudly!!

SPICEWINE IRONWORKS
Award Winning Smokers, Sauces and Spices
Columbia Missouri
www.spicewineironworks.com
PERFECT, PERFECT 180 CHICKEN 2011

1ST. PLACE PORK
AMERICAN ROYAL (OPEN) 2012

PERFECT SCORE180 IN RIBS 2013

BEST SAUCE IN THE WORLD ( BLUE COLLAR )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2009

BEST RUB IN THE WORLD ( HEFFER DUST )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2007
MOFO Chapter
CISC Master BBQ Chef
spicewine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #52
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Re: RE: What a day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout_man22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Congratulations to all our brothers out there on a job well done both in MO and NY. We WANT PICS!
Why? Just to prove that pictures can be posted?
Thanks for a good laugh Trout. And to asnwer your question, YES!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

NB Bandera-Firebox & Baffle Mod, WSM, Weber: Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), WSM, Three 22 1/2" Kettles, 2 Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grills, Smoky Joe, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove & 3 UDS's.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #53
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Default RE: Re: RE: What a day!

It was great seeing Phil again, and meeting all the rest of you. I had a GREAT weekend!!
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 08:03 PM   #54
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

Well what can I say. I registered last week on the website. I showed up at GrillKings on Saturday and introduced myself to Brooklyn, parrothead and Phil and Paul. It didn't take 30 seconds and they were shoving wings and pork chops in my face. I went back to the car, grabbed a few fold up chairs and a cooler full of cold drinks and sat down with "the Brethren". Everyone was so friendly. I stayed for 4 hours untill it was time to go pick up the wife at work. I left the chairs and cooler there overnight for everyone else to use. I came back Sunday with the wife and helped with whatever I could. Soon I was handing out pork to a line that never ended.(I swear some people were getting a piece and going back to the end of the line). It was a thrill to see Phil and the gang win. The wife and I stayed till the end and then we helped break everything down.

What a GREAT bunch of people. If you haven't tried competing, give it a try. Hard work but you will have a great time and meet some great people.

Phil, give Sharon a big thanks for chatting up my wife. My wife is very quiet but everytime I looked over to check on her Sharon was keeping her involved. That meant alot to me.

You guys haven't seen the last of me.

Steve
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 08:41 PM   #55
BrooklynQ
Banned

Right now, I'm listening to R.E.M's "everybody hurts sometimes." God, everything hurts right now. But it's a good hurt and I'm ready to do it again on Friday.

What can I say? It was another incredible weekend. Phil, Greg, Paul, Bruce, Steve and all the other Brethren made this a great weekend to be with the brothers.

Phil is now a minor celebrity on Long Island. I must have heard from at least 100 people that they came out to the contest because of his article in the paper. And I must have heard from at least 50 others, "I saw you in the paper." Contrary to popular opinon, I DO NOT LOOK LIKE PHIL. I'm much better looking.

And the best part is we walked. I don't think that any of us expected to. Unlike the other teams, when they called the Brethren - Brothers in Smoke up for pork, the entire team went up on the platform. There wasn't enough room for us. I hope someone got a picture of that.

See you in New Jersey for next weekend's battle.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 09:12 PM   #56
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Any chance someone can post the actual results? :D

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #57
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker
Well what can I say. I registered last week on the website. I showed up at GrillKings on Saturday and introduced myself to Brooklyn, parrothead and Phil and Paul. It didn't take 30 seconds and they were shoving wings and pork chops in my face. I went back to the car, grabbed a few fold up chairs and a cooler full of cold drinks and sat down with "the Brethren". Everyone was so friendly. I stayed for 4 hours untill it was time to go pick up the wife at work. I left the chairs and cooler there overnight for everyone else to use. I came back Sunday with the wife and helped with whatever I could. Soon I was handing out pork to a line that never ended.(I swear some people were getting a piece and going back to the end of the line). It was a thrill to see Phil and the gang win. The wife and I stayed till the end and then we helped break everything down.

What a GREAT bunch of people. If you haven't tried competing, give it a try. Hard work but you will have a great time and meet some great people.

Phil, give Sharon a big thanks for chatting up my wife. My wife is very quiet but everytime I looked over to check on her Sharon was keeping her involved. That meant alot to me.

You guys haven't seen the last of me.

Steve
Welcome to te family, seems like you may be hooked.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #58
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

sory ladies.. results are on the way with al ong winded post. Had to work today, and spent the night taking everything off the trailer, pressure washing it and reloading. half is still out on the driveway. Robs right.. everything hurts. Arthritis in the knees and standing on blacktop for 20 hours just does not go well together. Will post in a few. But final strandings.

4th overall

1st in pork
5th in brisket
12 in chicken
17 in rib(choked on that one)
4th in sauce (congrats Greg!)

open event. 10 in pork chops.

and notice this.

1st..... Dr BBQ.. A Brethren
4th Brothers in Smoke.. A brethren
5th Big Island BBQ .... A Brethren (nycbbq)
7th I love smoke -n-lightening.. A brethren (Rbsnwings).

4 of the top 10.... are one of us. Fear the Pig!

We may be plagued with the curse of 4th place. 3 fourth place overall in a row... but this time in front of us were Ray Lampe in 1st, Dirty Dick in 2nd, Philly Pigs Pro BBQ in 3rd.. and then us. Coming in 4th out of 36 against those guys is fine with me. Daisy Mays BBQ was suposed to be the team to beat, but they took 16th.

Had a great time, the best yet.. Will follow up with details.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 10:33 PM   #59
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats, Mr. Poo! Great showing! Hey, how long does it take to get a Brethren team banner made up?
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2005, 11:00 PM   #60
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC
Congrats, Mr. Poo! Great showing! Hey, how long does it take to get a Brethren team banner made up?
i put the order in every tuesday they go out the following day.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote