Hello from a long time reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

Knows what a fatty is.
It all started last year when i was thinking of geting a lang smoker and went to the GRILL KINGS comp where i meet Phil and Greg and they explained fire and smoke control to me, so i ordered a lang mobil 60, its easy to use and i like what comes out of it. but i still have more white smoke than i want, i ordered it with a extened smoke stack to get smoke up out of my face also a little more draft, top is 7 foot from the ground
I had wanted to go to the GRILL KINGS cook off this year but on there web site " NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC ATTENDANCE" this can only happen in New York and its being held at a state park.
Mel.

Mel said:
It all started last year when i was thinking of geting a lang smoker and went to the GRILL KINGS comp where i meet Phil and Greg and they explained fire and smoke control to me, so i ordered a lang mobil 60, its easy to use and i like what comes out of it. but i still have more white smoke than i want, i ordered it with a extened smoke stack to get smoke up out of my face also a little more draft, top is 7 foot from the ground
I had wanted to go to the GRILL KINGS cook off this year but on there web site " NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC ATTENDANCE" this can only happen in New York and its being held at a state park.
Mel.

ouch, Mel.. you misunderstood that.

Grillkings had some probs with getting board of health certification. Not open to public means, spectators cannot just walk in to the competition. Seems to avoid the possiblilty of unlicensed vendors(the competitors) serving food to the public, anyone there has has to be invited or entered with a ticket. The ticket can be got for free, on the website by signing up as a guest and printing your ticket. Also, every competitor can invite 25 guess, so a team of 5 can have 125 guests. This way everone who is there had a ticket to get in and it is not "open to the public". But the tickets are easy to get.

The competitors have been signing up since march, but signup is closed as of monday.. if you call Dean at grillkings he may be able to get you in to compete if someone dropped out or theres and extra slot.

If u want some hlep send me a PM and we can talk via phone.

Thanks Phil
now i understand, they could of added the reason also saved any confusion.

Welcome my new brother! Hope you're there to help tear down camp, Phil will be too busy hugging his trophies.... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back