MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-13-2005, 03:47 AM   #1
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Next Generation

Did anyone happen to see the Grill Gargantua contest on the Food Network this past weekend? An 11 yr. old girl took 5th in chicken and 4th in ribs and ended up being Reserved Grand Champion! A 12 yr. old now possesses the rib crown I'm wearing in my avatar. I think this is totally cool. Our ribfest is just a few friends getting together having a hoot but that 11 yr. old girl won against some pro's.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default RE: Next Generation

Anna, alias TopChick, has been around for a couple of years - she took first in Pork at Mobile (KCBS) with 86 teams. She, obviously, has the full support of her family and this year picked up sponsorship from BBQGuru and Buttrbub.com (along with other "local" support) - she does good!! :D

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2005, 06:49 AM   #3
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

We competed against her at Charleston.......no doubt, at her young age, she has the respect of her peers.....

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2005, 10:23 AM   #4
Trout_man22
is One Chatty Farker

Too Cool

"
God either exists or He doesn't.... I believe in God." Blaise Pascal
I'm a sinner, I regret my sin and will try to never do it again.
Trout_man22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #5
roknrandy
Full Fledged Farker

I was watching that the other night, she did great.

[COLOR=#ff0000]WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.[/COLOR]

one cigarette costs 2 minutes of your life.
one bootle of beer costs 4 minutes of your life.
one working day costs 8 hours of your life.
roknrandy is offline   Reply With Quote