The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 01-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Caseyjoenz
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Health Concerns?

I catered full time for two years (in addition to having another full time job) and after 10 to 12 hours on site catering, loading the smoker, re-loading it, cleaning it, etc I would hack up phlegm (I know, sorry) specked with charcoal ash for a couple of days.

I just cook on a very part time basis now and was thinking the other day about how 15 years of that would take a toll on the body. Anyone else run into this? Looking back now, and it actually never crossed my mind once while catering full time, but I would probably use a disposable mask of some kind while setting up/cleaning up.

Medium Spicewine
3 WSMs

www.smokincaboose.com
Caseyjoenz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1

I have always used a rake or made a tool up to move the fire or ashes around,,,and this kept my beek out of harms way....

Unread 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Chucktown
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0

I don't hack up anything, but I will blow my nose after I'm done cooking at home or a competition and it is black from the smoke I've inhaled.
cbj#29724
Big Chain BBQ Gang
Chucktown is offline   Reply With Quote