THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unfortunately there aren't a ton of good Q restaurants in the Dallas area. I guess I'd suggest Mike Anderson's on Harry Hines across from Parkland Hospital (very rough area). I'm not sure if they're open for dinner. Other than that Meshaks in Garland which is definitely only open for lunch and North Main BBQ in Euless.

Depends on what you are looking for in barbecue: for brisket I'd go to "Hard Eight" north of DFW airport; for pulled pork I'd go to "Big Racks BBQ & Sports Grill" in Grapevine (north of DFW); for overall good I'd go to "Sonny Bryant's" - not the best meat, but history!

Thanks guys for the tips. While North Main BBQ was probably physically closer to me...when I called Lockharts to see how late they were still open they said it was 2 for 1 sausage night. Well that settled the choice!

I had the brisket, original sausage, and the jalapeno sausage..and while the beef was good...the jalapeno sausage was OFF THE HOOK.

Thanks again!

Thanks guys for the tips. While North Main BBQ was probably physically closer to me...when I called Lockharts to see how late they were still open they said it was 2 for 1 sausage night. Well that settled the choice!

I had the brisket, original sausage, and the jalapeno sausage..and while the beef was good...the jalapeno sausage was OFF THE HOOK.

Thanks again!

I think they get the sausage from Kreuz Market in Lockhart.

Depends on what you are looking for in barbecue: for brisket I'd go to "Hard Eight" north of DFW airport; for pulled pork I'd go to "Big Racks BBQ & Sports Grill" in Grapevine (north of DFW); for overall good I'd go to "Sonny Bryant's" - not the best meat, but history!

Fark the history, saying their meat is not the best is like saying a grilled spare tire is not the best. Their sides are even worse than their BBQ. Sonny Bryan's SUCKS!!!!

I've only been to the Hard Eight in Stephenvile, and it was pretty good. North Main BBQ is pretty good, but only open a few days a week. Still not awesome BBQ.

Basically, the DFW area does not have great BBQ. You have to drive 200 miles South to the hill country for that.

My recommendation to brethren coming to Dallas is to get you some good TexMex, because we have that in abundance. BBQ, not so much -- unless you eat a a brethren's house. :thumb:

CD

Well, I just tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full. So, here it is for all to see...

There really aren't any killer BBQ places in Dallas. Where are you staying? We have good steaks and good TexMex in North Dallas. Good beers, too.

Tell me where your hotel is, and what your budget is, and I can probably set you up with some good suggestions. You can PM me if you want, I keep my mailbox clean. :becky:

CD

Well, I just tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full. So, here it is for all to see...

There really aren't any killer BBQ places in Dallas. Where are you staying? We have good steaks and good TexMex in North Dallas. Good beers, too.

Tell me where your hotel is, and what your budget is, and I can probably set you up with some good suggestions. You can PM me if you want, I keep my mailbox clean. :becky:

CD
Thanks but this was a one night trip. Maybe you can set me up with some good places next time.

Back