The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 11-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Upgrade on Cold Smoke Generator

1.More simple design of grate
2.add rainproof box for fan, battery and speed regulator
3.clean and better welding

woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Why water-ice cooler

This is emails from Swedish customer:

To: ebay@allchinas.com
Subject: RE: cold smoker from China
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:56:12 +0100

Anyway im VERY VERY VERY satisfied how it work now and very eager to test it with water (then maybe need the pump for airflow and then maybe not need to regulate air with a tap..) I cold smoked salmon and smoked bacon and the result IS better than Smokedaddy more clean smoke..
And u really can refill with no problem its fantastic and need less watching than smokedaddy..

IM VERY PLEASED and after some more test think of import some for sell here..

Matts

To: ebay@allchinas.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:36:15 +0100

No now i know i can fill it with water... So i maybe bend it back but it work very good anyway now.. and i dont think i will change position anyway...

I use 3rd hole both bottom and top... can increase so use 4th hole on top and botto,

Best regards
Matts

To: ZhaoHui Wang <ebay@allchinas.com>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 5:25 PM

Hi!

Hahahah i didnt think of that my self.. how smart u are :-) Noble prize next :-=)

Anyway the bend of the grate make it swallow more wood and easier to light since it its not totaly vertical...

Matts

To: ZhaoHui Wang <ebay@allchinas.com>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:40 PM

Hi Wang!

Now i tested the generator for all weekend, feel like im smoked my self.

First, I use it without the watertank and had problem with smoke coming up from generator not it output. I tried to to make cover of the generator airtight but nothing work.
I didn’t need to use the fan at all just smoke much anyway..
Then I see that the grate was too high for the box so I bend it like a little “beer stomach” and then it was down like 5mm and that’s what needed..
but cannot use fan too much air anyway if use fan it smoke out of top of generator too much
( I use mix of wood pieces like 1*1,5inch and dust and what we called “flis” its around 0,8cm*0,8cm*0,3cm that I have machine for when cutting apple and fruit trees…

So then I try the water tank so I was worried about smoke output because of the upsidedown “U”. But it worked good anyway, without fan (just use fan for 2 min when start). But I needed to decrease airinput anyway… too much smoke from top of generator and too much “fire”, so the perfect thing would be a tap like u have on bottom of tank, but im not sure its same gauge and dimension here??

I used little toilet paper to around 50% of size of inputhole is perfect for a thin blue smoke that fill a frigdesize smoke”house”. My Smokedaddy is sometime too much smoke and hard to control down if I do it stop smoke after one hour.. Our generator don’t. And it perfect amount of smoke.. My preference is half foggy inside then is perfect, thick fog is too much make a bitter product..

Also I think the watertank clean out som turpentine and other stuff because it taste little different than smoke from Smokedaddy, - IN A BETTER WAY!!.. And very good for coldsmoke since I with smokedaddy I need to have door open when coldsmoke and with ur I can regulate (if I find a fitting tap) in precision..
I think there is no need for fan.. But think of drilling a hole at the little output downside of the U and connect a little airhose just like smokedaddy for give the the output air and extra push. Then u cannot fill the tank full but that doesn’t matter much at all..

I coldsmoke without watertank and hold around +22C with around +7C outside so with tank its no no problem..

AND NOW THE BIG THING!!
I smoke it from early morning to night and NO PROBLEM at att to refill it, it works nearly even better.. just maybe not refill with too tight material but mix of pieces of wood and dust and “flis” work supergood..

So what I need I a tap between the fanoutput and the inputhole in the generator.
Then u can use the fan for starting then close and then regulage by the tap..

Anyway im very satisfied with the result so I need to test it little further and get ur new model, the grate change is probably very good since this one was tricky to use..

Hope for ur answer…

Best regards
Matts

woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #3
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default New design of cold smoker

This is second design
We set aside 100 pieces at US$40 for marketing purpose. This special offer will be ended till 100 pieces are all sold out or till Dec.21,2011.
After that it will be set back to normal price of US$60
DesignI-1,
Outter Diameter 63mm or 2.5"
length 300mm or 12"
Promotional Price US$40
Till Dec.31,2011

DesignI-2,
Outter Diameter 89mm or 3.5"
length 400mm or 16"
Price US$80

DesignI-3,
Outter Diameter 114mm or 4.5"