The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Have you used Facebook Ads?

I set up an ad today for the first time with Facebook Ads. I was just wondering if anyone has used it before and did you get positive results? Also what was the minimum "Pay Per Click" that you were able to have success with? The recommendation by Facebook for my ad was .54-.76 cents per click. I started it out with .25 cents per click. Should I move it to what they recommend or not?
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
BritToby
Knows what a fatty is.

Pay per click always scares me unless you have set an upper limit to the amount you will spend. I would keep it low to see what happens. At 76 cents per click you could end up owing thousands within a day, something i discovered on Google a few years back! Let us know how you get on.

British Bulldog BBQ - 2 x FEC 100, WSM 47cm, WSM 57cm, Weber Ranch, Weber Kettle, Traeger Texas x 2 , Outdoor Chef
BritToby is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

I know what your saying BritToby, I set the max spending at $40 for the 1 month run.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Unfortunately, my target audiences don't use much social media. I run an ad about once every three months in our local paper, it keeps me right where I want to be. About one gig per month is all we want to do still.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Finally got my dream cooker, Runaround Sue.

Team Whosoever Q

If a man looks lustfully at eggs and bacon, he has already committed breakfast in his heart.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
PorkQPine
Full Fledged Farker

I use Google AdWords and it seems to work but you have to watch out that you don't get a huge bill at the end of the month. Also, don't click on your link when on Google!!

Unread 01-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Smokin' D
is One Chatty Farker

I know a guy who will click repeatedly on a competitors link just to drive up the costs and fool them into thinking more folks are interested. What an Asshat. Watch out for that kind of action.
Smokin' D is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
cjones636
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMTN View Post
I set up an ad today for the first time with Facebook Ads. I was just wondering if anyone has used it before and did you get positive results? Also what was the minimum "Pay Per Click" that you were able to have success with? The recommendation by Facebook for my ad was .54-.76 cents per click. I started it out with .25 cents per click. Should I move it to what they recommend or not?
Please PM me and tell me your keyword. Did you do any keyword research before running these ads? I actually do this for a living and most people fail to do proper keyword research beforehand. PPC marketing is an art. If you chose an HIGH competition keyword, more than likely you will be paying more for only a few visitors.

I will be more than happy to research your keyword for free and send you back the best possibly keywords for your niche.

If you don't trust me with your keyword, here is a video i made showing how to find LOW competition keywords, High Monthly search traffic and Low CPC. But i use more than just Google; I also use market samurai where i would do further research on the keywords.

Keyword Researching Tools - YouTube
cjones636 is offline   Reply With Quote