Polar Bear Judges

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Who's all going to Columbia, MO next month for the Polar Bear Challenge?

And would any of you be interested in coming out on Friday evening to socialize and do a meet & greet with some of the cook teams? I know quite a few of the teams that are going to be there so it's not like we would be walking in there blind.
Also (believe it or not) there's some cook teams that really DO want to meet some judges :thumb:.

Let me know, either by posting here or via PM. If there's enough interest then we'll make it happen. Oh yeah, I do have the blessing of the organizer, Jamey.

There will be some smoked cheese and ice cold Templeton Rye in my cooler!

i signed up, but haven't heard if i was accepted.

thanks for the invite, i probably won't be pulling into pilot grove until later in the evening. guess i'll see ya in the tent on saturday. (hopefully).

Dave, I'll have a heater going in the trailer and a fire pit outside. Will also be bringing some sort of schnapps (Hot Damn/peppermint/whatever else sounds good) in case it's too cold. Let's just hope it's not to windy.

Should I post a "Judges Welcome" sign or will you just take that for granted?

Looking forward to seeing you for the kick-off cook for the new year.

YES!!!

See - right away we have three teams that at least aren't going to shoot at judges on Friday evening :rolleyes:. There's a lot of cooks out there who WANT to find out what the judges are looking for.

If any of you judges decide to "come out and play" be prepared to have your brains picked - these cooks understand that if the judges don't like their product then they (the cooks) have just wasted serious time, money and effort.

Besides which, most of them are some pretty good people :thumb:.

Dave,

We sampled the Rye last year and you are more than welcome to stop by again this year.

I will never pass up the opportunity to sample the Rye. Oh, and talk to Dave.

Cheers,
Nate

YES!!!

See - right away we have three teams that at least aren't going to shoot at judges on Friday evening :rolleyes:. There's a lot of cooks out there who WANT to find out what the judges are looking for.

Wont shoot, but will do shots with the judges. Just need to be careful around you - Friday night at the Lee's Summit contest last year got a little blurry for one head cook - way too many fine spirits being passed around. Good thing I just had to roll down the hill to my site and I already had the smokers battle trained so they knew what to do.

Not so sure about picking your brains though, but hearing your war stories of turn-ins - good and bad alike are truly enlightening.

And as always, I'll be happy to babysit your cooler until after judging Saturday afternoon - your beer & cheese will always be safe under my care.

i asked to judge it never heard back ?????
i just thought i was not welcome :tape:

Back