The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #136
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
please wait till ready of LION version #4.
Considering shipping cost, I prefer to refund buyers of #1 an #2 versions of 168-99=US$69.
Then you just use the function of WOLF.
if its just the matter of the logic boards, would it save shipping if you shipped all of them in one box here, and we will get it distributed to the members.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #137
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default It is more than change board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
if its just the matter of the logic boards, would it save shipping if you shipped all of them in one box here, and we will get it distributed to the members.
But your suggestion is great. I do need distributors
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #138
ChrisH
Got Wood.

Mr Wang,

Do you have an update on when the V4 Lion will be ready?

Thanks
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #139
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
Mr Wang,

Do you have an update on when the V4 Lion will be ready?

Thanks
in about 3 weeks
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #140
ChrisH
Got Wood.

Cool, thanks.

BTW what PID do you use in your design?

Thanks
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #141
borzwazie
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
I appreciate the offer but please see my response below. Irrelevent of what is being assumed SHOULD work with the V3, no-one has done it yet. YOU do not have a unit that can be controlled over the internet and you are assuming that the next version will be, and probably rightly so, but to claim it will be sight unseen is just plain wrong.

Here's what I replied to Mr. Wang on the Aussie BBQ forum:

How about I quote myself and see if you undertand Mr. Wang.
Im not saying that the unit CANNOT be controlled over the internet, I am saying that I can't get it to work and that as far as I can tell, and am still waiting to be proved wrong, NO-ONE has any of your units being controlled in any way over the internet.
You keep saying it can be controlled over the internet, yet there is no proof at all - A viewable website means nothing.
It is highly likely that I am doing something wrong, but I seriously should not need to have invested the time I have to get it going.
At the end of the day, I have modified the fan to fit my Kamado, it controls the temperature as described,I can control it via local WiFi, with the POSSIBILITY of it being controlled via the internet, if I can work it all out and spend enough time doing it. I'll keep it thanks.

Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.
DaveW:

I'm an IT guy. While I can understand your frustration, it's hard to know every customer configuration. Please note I do not have one of these units, although I'm thinking about getting one.

Dave, what I suggest you need to do here is set up something called "port forwarding" on your DSL or cable modem router. What this means is that you set up a "port" number to talk to from the outside world, and when you "talk" on this port, it forwards traffic to your temp controller.

You will need to know what IP address your internet provider has assigned to you. To get that IP, go to a site like http://whatismyip.com and you'll see the IP address you should open a web browser to. For our example, let's say that IP address is 10.15.2.1.

You'll need to set up a forwarding port on your DSL or cable modem that points at the ip address of your temp controller. For example: if you assigned that IP as 192.168.1.15, and you know the port on the controller is 1080, then you'll set up a port forward in your router to 192.168.1.15:1080, triggered by a hit on the IP you got from whatismyip.com. You will need to assign an external port number. I recommend something like 20480 or another number like that but below 64000. You'll then access the controller over the internet with our example IP like this:

http://10.15.2.1:20480

I hope this helps. If it does, I take donations of temp controllers
borzwazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #142
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Thanks borzwazie

Quote:
Originally Posted by borzwazie View Post
DaveW:
although I'm thinking about getting one.
Please check controller's IP 222.129.32.124:12080
Hope it can attract you
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #143
cinmur
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borzwazie View Post
DaveW:

I'm an IT guy. While I can understand your frustration, it's hard to know every customer configuration. Please note I do not have one of these units, although I'm thinking about getting one.

Dave, what I suggest you need to do here is set up something called "port forwarding" on your DSL or cable modem router. What this means is that you set up a "port" number to talk to from the outside world, and when you "talk" on this port, it forwards traffic to your temp controller.

You will need to know what IP address your internet provider has assigned to you. To get that IP, go to a site like http://whatismyip.com and you'll see the IP address you should open a web browser to. For our example, let's say that IP address is 10.15.2.1.

You'll need to set up a forwarding port on your DSL or cable modem that points at the ip address of your temp controller. For example: if you assigned that IP as 192.168.1.15, and you know the port on the controller is 1080, then you'll set up a port forward in your router to 192.168.1.15:1080, triggered by a hit on the IP you got from whatismyip.com. You will need to assign an external port number. I recommend something like 20480 or another number like that but below 64000. You'll then access the controller over the internet with our example IP like this:

http://10.15.2.1:20480

I hope this helps. If it does, I take donations of temp controllers
I have a lion controller....works great except wifi. I can access the network settings by going to ip address plus. 1080...I am unable to open the page with the temp values by entering ip address. I have different browers with no luck. The main question is this a controller issue or a computer issue..I can ping with no loss...but cannot open page.
appreciate your thoughts
cinmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #144
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Today's IP 222.129.48.123:12080

Today's IP 222.129.48.123:12080
This is version #3.
V1 and V2 can display meat and pit temperature, but can not change values.
I need to refund $69 to buyers of V1 and V2
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #145
Flat_Rate
On the road to being a farker

Finally had time to mess with mine, internet doesn't work and I am not gonna spend anymore time trying to get it up and running.

The manual mode works fantastic, although I can't seem to get the automatic part of it working, I set everything up right ( I think ) but after I get it up to temp and switch it to Auto it doesn't do anything, just lets the temp drop.
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #146
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

How long are you letting it run in Auto mode? How many "sets" are you programming and for what durations? I found that I usually just us the first set and keep it at a constant temp. I set the target temps of all the other sets and the meat temp set to 0. If you are at your target temp when you switch to Auto, it might drop a bit before it starts to kick in. It is essentially learning and takes a little time to hone in on the target.
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #147
Flat_Rate
On the road to being a farker

I am just using the first set, have target temp at 300, high temp alarm at 320, low at 285.

I switched it over to Auto when the pit temp hit 300, checked it 15 minutes later and the alarm was going off, pit temp was 235.

EDIT: ok, so I switched the meat temps all to 0 like colonel00 suggested and its working fine, really needs be a more comprehensive manual.

I wouldn't have any issue buying another controller from WPS, just not one with the wireless option. The remote option is better but he no longer sells them, waiting on my refund from WPS, I might just use it for another standard controller.

Last edited by Flat_Rate; 04-14-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Flat_Rate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #148
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Interesting. Glad you got it working. What is odd is having the other sets set or not should not matter really. However, I do wonder if you had the duration set correctly. Either way, glad it is working for you. I have the Tiger version with the remote and honestly, I don't even use it that much. Granted, if it was the middle of summer or winter, I might be more hesitant to step outside but I haven't even used it but one or two times. Now, if I was doing an overnight cook, it would be quite handy to be able to check stuff from bed.
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #149
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat_Rate View Post
waiting on my refund from WPS, I might just use it for another standard controller.
According to my sales record, I sent you Version 3.
Before I refund you, please send me photos of the controller to eBay@allchinas.com. I can confirm Version by connectors/sockets/adapters

I am using Windows and I.E. browser.
There is a wireless ICON on right lower corner, click it, you will find window of "wireless connection", click "advacned setting", you will find a new window, Highlight "TCP/IP", click "property", Select"using following IP address"
input 192.168.1.14, 255.255.255.0, and 192.168.1.15, click "save", and "save" to close both windows. In I.E. just type in 192.168.1.15
If you find two links , one for wireless setting, the other for temperature/time/alarm settings, you are using Version 3.
If you find only one link for wireless setting, you are using Version 1 and 2.
If Version 1 and 2, I will refund you $69.

I am using a Chinese version WINDOWS and IE, above "terms" may not be exactly as your browser. But I am sure you can understand.
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #150
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Why do not you BBQ all year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Interesting. Glad you got it working. What is odd is having the other sets set or not should not matter really. However, I do wonder if you had the duration set correctly. Either way, glad it is working for you. I have the Tiger version with the remote and honestly, I don't even use it that much. Granted, if it was the middle of summer or winter, I might be more hesitant to step outside but I haven't even used it but one or two times. Now, if I was doing an overnight cook, it would be quite handy to be able to check stuff from bed.
If you using vertical cabinet insulated smoker like Vikiing, Backwoods, Stumps, I think that you can smoke all year round regardless of rain,snow,wind.
I have a clone. Controller is powered by battery. Battery, fan and controller are placed inside a rainproof SS box.