Upcoming Blues and BBQ tour

Skippy10

Found some matches.
Reaction score
My oldest son, who is currently serving in Afghanistan,and I have a Blues and BBQ tour, on our bikes, (my brother and some friends and I are building him a custom Harley while he's gone), through Mississippi, down to New Orleans, back up Hwy 61 in Mississippi again, to Clarksdale, on up to Memphis, over to Lynchburg, then to Nashville, then back home.
BBQ will be on the menu, for every lunch and supper except for when we are in New Orleans. Got to have Cajun food there. I think we are going to hit Doe's Eats in Greenville Ms. to try one of their famous steaks too. This will take place in April or May. I have my Marine reunion to cook for in April, and I think I have a wedding booked for April, and possibly a birthday party, so most likely May, or I may go ahead and go in March. Can you tell I'm gettin a little anxious about it? Can anyone recommend any good BBQ places with easy access to the Natchez Trace, or Hwy 61? I have one in Starkville, by Ms. State I want to eat at, and I think I have found several I want to try in Memphis.

If you have Memphis figure out and Central BBQ is not on that list put it on there. Central BBQ's dry wings are the best. Been trying to replicate them since I had them 3-4 years ago. Of the 5 or so places we went to Central BBQ is the place I would love to go back to.

I think that one is on my list, but if it isn't, I'll be sure to put it on there.

Back