oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #31
LM600
Full Fledged Farker

A Polyscience Smoking Gun. Haven't used it yet as I pretty much cooked and smoked enough food for a small expedition team just prior to Christmas!
LM600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #32
tony69
On the road to being a farker

I got 3 racks of BBs, a 7# brisket flat, an instant read therm & a "King of the Grill" apron. I also bought myself a 4# hunk of sparerib & a large jug of whiskey!
tony69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #33
morgantm
Knows what a fatty is.

BBQ related I received some bear claws (which are fantastic) and another set of 12" locking tongs. Can never have enough of those!
and a Super Fast Yellow Thermapen
morgantm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #34
ALFKHP563
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

My fiance got me a Green Mountain Grill! By far the nicest Christmas present I have received that I can think of. She is awesome and a keeper! BTW, this is my first post - got so excited I had to!!!!!!
ALFKHP563 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #35
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

amazon gave me a weber 26.75" and the girl got me igrill, definitely a worthwhile digital bbq thermo.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #36
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well, my friend is a BGE dealer and he gave me an XL last summer and said "pay me whenever". (Yes, he's a hell of a guy) So I still owed him $300. I almost had to fight him 2 days before Christmas when I made him take the $200 payment. He said "pay me after Christmas, buy something for your family instead".

So when I open up the box from my wife, I get a piece of paper with a picture of a BGE that says "Big Green Egg, Paid In Full", she paid him the $300 a couple days before I did.

I figure she either really loves me or really loves my BBQ. Doesn't much matter to me which one, hell, maybe even both. It was a great gift that I didn't see coming.

I also got an iQue 110, The BBQ Bible and a $50 gift certificate to buy meat at the local butcher.

I gave my dad Big Bob Gibson's BBQ book by Chris Lilly. He has a performer and I wanted to give him an idea of all that he can do on a kettle.

I also gave my friend-the BGE dealer, a quart of Blues Hog and a container of SM Cherry.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #37
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

My wife got me the A-Maze-N Smoker with 3 bags of dust to go with it to do cold smoking!!! Man...I LOVE that woman!!!
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #38
2ndchance
On the road to being a farker

Santa Que gave me an IQue 110 to blow my pit with.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
gsmith
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
Well, my friend is a BGE dealer and he gave me an XL last summer and said "pay me whenever". (Yes, he's a hell of a guy) So I still owed him $300. I almost had to fight him 2 days before Christmas when I made him take the $200 payment. He said "pay me after Christmas, buy something for your family instead".

So when I open up the box from my wife, I get a piece of paper with a picture of a BGE that says "Big Green Egg, Paid In Full", she paid him the $300 a couple days before I did.

I figure she either really loves me or really loves my BBQ. Doesn't much matter to me which one, hell, maybe even both. It was a great gift that I didn't see coming.
this one is the best so far - good friend and thoughtful wife - you win on both accounts
gsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #40
Grain Belt
is one Smokin' Farker

My favorite by far is when my wife and then 3 year old son, tracked down a discontinued Smokey Joe Platinum (aka Jumbo Joe) a few years ago. My son just beamed when they gave it to me. It has since cooked some major meals on family vacations and we have made some really memorable family moments with good food in great places. It is priceless to me.
Grain Belt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #41
Bbqin fool
is one Smokin' Farker

Jalapeno Rack and extremely durable Maverick Pro Temp PT-100 thermometer

[COLOR=blue]Extremely Durable, Fast and Amazingly Accurate Maverick Pro Temp PT-100 Thermometer & ET-732[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Found new homes: [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Modded Brinkmann SNP(it's finally holding temp!), 18.5" Weber kettle[/COLOR]
Bbqin fool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Chimney, chimney starter, Christmas, gifts