The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default I want a rotisserie ring and rib-o-lator for my 26.75

Someone somewhere has to have one in development.

Also searching out unlined 85 gallon drums, have a spare lid for the 26'er. I live on long Island if anyone has any hooks.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 01-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Well, brutha' you're prolly going to have to make the ring for a 26'er... when my old man started making the SS rings for the ROL combo, we tried coming up with and adjustable ring that would shrink down to fit an 18.5" and expand all the way up to the 26.75"... it just proved too difficult to get a quality solid rigid ring that fit perfectly on any size when it was adjustable, and when he considered making the 22.5 and 26.75, well, there just aren't enough 26'ers out there to warrant it...

best advice, find a drum that your lid will fit nicely and cut the top 6" - 8" off of it and work the cut edge so that it will fit tightly into the kettle base.

The ROL will fit regardless of the kettle size!

post some pics when you have it together! I'd like to see that set up!

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Last edited by KnucklHed BBQ; 01-05-2012 at 11:23 AM..
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0

id like the ROL in a larger size thou, aren't they cut down for the kettle???

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Yeah, kinda? They were originally 18" long and 5 wide, that was just a hair too long for the kettle and a few smaller grills so they were shortened to 17" to be on the safe side.

They are still 5" wide. The 4 trays give you 340 sq/in of cooking space, we found that unless you made them really long, like 24", there wasn't much advantage over the 17"-18" ones, and that length wouldn't fit hardly any grills and you still couldn't fit 2 racks of ribs per tray.
Believe it or not, the 17" ones still have enough room to cook 4 racks of st louis style spares or 4 racks or babys, 4 split chickens, 2 halves per tray, 60-70 chicken wings, 20+ thighs, 20+ drums... it really does hold a lot of food. Alright, I'm stopping before I go into full infomercial mode...

If it helps at all, there are still a very few (seriously, I think there's like 3 sets) 18" versions left, they aren't on the site, you'll have to give B-O-B a call if you're interested. And I think he still has a promo for $15 off at check out... promo code RIBS

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote