The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  


Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.


View Poll Results: Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Snags and Slaw" Throwdown?
Al Czervik 30 29.70%
SmokinAussie 17 16.83%
Oldyote 11 10.89%
colonel00 4 3.96%
Joe Zukes 0 0%
bluetang 22 21.78%
Will work for bbq 17 16.83%
Gore 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
bigabyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-06
Location: Overland Fark, KS
Thumbs up ***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Snags and Slaw" Throwdown - VOTE***

It is time to decide the winner of the "Snags and Slaw" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 12/18.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

Al Czervik


SmokinAussie


Gore


Redhot


Oldyote


colonel00


Joe Zukes


bluetang


Will work for bbq
__________________
Asshattatron Farkanaut, CGCFO
Chief Galactic Crockpot Foil Officer
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club



Duh.

Last edited by bigabyte; 12-12-2011 at 07:53 AM..
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Gore
Phizzy

 
Gore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-05-08
Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Default

uhhhh, Chris, you forgot one:



You can see the slaw in the upper right and the snag in the lower left. Just added a bit of touch-up to the photo in the middle. Bill said there were no DQs, so this should be good, even with the special rules.
__________________
Assistant to a Mad BBQ Scientist (and a squirrel): Primo Oval XL, Small Offset, Gasser, Optigrill, UBS
"I love everything about the pig, even the way she walks." -- Spanish proverb
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
bigabyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-06
Location: Overland Fark, KS
Default

Honestly, I thought you stood a far better chance with the other one. However, since this is the one you want to go with, I added it up there!
__________________
Asshattatron Farkanaut, CGCFO
Chief Galactic Crockpot Foil Officer
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club



Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Gore
Phizzy

 
Gore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-05-08
Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Honestly, I thought you stood a far better chance with the other one. However, since this is the one you want to go with, I added it up there!
I tend to agree with you, but there may be some objections to me using someone else's entry ... then again, if past history is any indication, maybe not.

To be clear, this is biting, cutting-edge art, and some people might find it offensive. Some may even find it childish, sophomoric, in bad taste ... oh how the list goes on. I find myself in this latter group , but sometimes certain sacrifices need to be made to further our cultural expression, or at least to achieve notoriety and our 15 seconds of fame. If you are a true avant-garde, food-art aficionado and aren't afraid of publicly identifying yourself as such in the poll above, then I'll send you the link (if I can find where I put it in order to keep it from prying eyes, like Bigabyte's). To go along with this, there is also a limited-time special offer (available for the duration of the voting): I'll allow you to add this to your signature line: "I am a Gore-Certified Avant-Garde Food-Art Aficionado." Of course, once the voting is ended, this offer is no longer valid and you're just plain out of luck.

I want it made completely clear that this entry is meant for appreciators of cultural innovations. I don't want this made available to just any pervert.
__________________
Assistant to a Mad BBQ Scientist (and a squirrel): Primo Oval XL, Small Offset, Gasser, Optigrill, UBS
"I love everything about the pig, even the way she walks." -- Spanish proverb
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.

Last edited by Gore; 12-12-2011 at 08:50 AM..
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
bigabyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-06
Location: Overland Fark, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
To be clear, this is biting, cutting-edge art, and some people might find it offensive. Some may even find it childish, sophomoric, in bad taste ... oh how the list goes on.
Hmmmm.....

It sounds like it is too high-brow for me then. I am a bit of a bottom-dweller in the humor department. However, I do try and expand my horizons once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
If you are a true avant-garde, food-art aficionado and aren't afraid of publicly identifying yourself as such in the poll above, then I'll send you the link (if I can find where I put it in order to keep it from prying eyes, like Bigabyte's). To go along with this, there is also a limited-time special offer (available for the duration of the voting): I'll allow you to add this to your signature line: "I am a Gore-Certified Avant-Garde Food-Art Aficionado."
Well why didn't you say so in the first place? I could use a new siggy cert. All the stuff in my siggy is old and stale.
__________________
Asshattatron Farkanaut, CGCFO
Chief Galactic Crockpot Foil Officer
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club



Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

 
colonel00's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-10
Location: Shawnee, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I tend to agree with you, but there may be some objections to me using someone else's entry ... then again, if past history is any indication, maybe not.

To be clear, this is biting, cutting-edge art, and some people might find it offensive. Some may even find it childish, sophomoric, in bad taste ... oh how the list goes on. I find myself in this latter group , but sometimes certain sacrifices need to be made to further our cultural expression, or at least to achieve notoriety and our 15 seconds of fame. If you are a true avant-garde, food-art aficionado and aren't afraid of publicly identifying yourself as such in the poll above, then I'll send you the link (if I can find where I put it in order to keep it from prying eyes, like Bigabyte's). To go along with this, there is also a limited-time special offer (available for the duration of the voting): I'll allow you to add this to your signature line: "I am a Gore-Certified Avant-Garde Food-Art Aficionado." Of course, once the voting is ended, this offer is no longer valid and you're just plain out of luck.

I want it made completely clear that this entry is meant for appreciators of cultural innovations. I don't want this made available to just any pervert.
I found it. Your security is marginal at best. At first I was a bit confused about the pic and then
__________________
Brad
Some of my photos on Instagram
Proud owner of the PentaZero
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
Gore
Phizzy

 
Gore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-05-08
Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
I found it. Your security is marginal at best. At first I was a bit confused about the pic and then
Thanks Brad, the security is much tougher now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Definitely cutting-edge.
__________________
Assistant to a Mad BBQ Scientist (and a squirrel): Primo Oval XL, Small Offset, Gasser, Optigrill, UBS
"I love everything about the pig, even the way she walks." -- Spanish proverb
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker
 
Join Date: 10-22-09
Location: Wilmington, NC
Default

I went with bluetang, very creative, and it looks delicious. As usual, great entries by everyone.
__________________
Anthony - Pork City Grillers KCBS team

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Default

Bluey for me... Very hard choice though! All entries were fantastic!

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
gtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-10
Location: Culver City, CA
Default

Well phase one of my decision making is complete - I'm gonna have to vote for someone who made their own snags. All the shots are amazing and I'd hit every dish hard, but making sausage at home is near and dear to my heart. Now, which one of those farking things...this'll take a couple days...
__________________
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
Avatar by my son!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
N8man
Babbling Farker
 
N8man's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-09-07
Location: God's Country Ossipee-Osceola NC
Default

Decisions, decisions.......
__________________
N8man
Average Joe Backyard Enthusiast

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
N8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
AMoore
On the road to being a farker
 
Join Date: 11-18-10
Location: Tiffin, IA
Default

I voted for smokin Aussie. It was the corn that did it for me.
__________________
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]WSM 22"
Char-Griller Offset[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]the "Stoker" is the Heat :flame:[/SIZE][/FONT]
AMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
Join Date: 07-15-09
Location: Memphis, TN...Formerly of Decatur, AL
Default

SmokinAussie gets my vote. Home made snags and bacon? Look out of this world and I KNOW that slaw was good.
__________________
Guerry
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Pit Beeatch for Team Munchkin[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Avatar by Northwest BBQ
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

 
Join Date: 10-19-09
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
SmokinAussie gets my vote. Home made snags and bacon? Look out of this world and I KNOW that slaw was good.
So far that's a vote for the slaw and one for the corn..... Did anybody know that the bacon was home smoked too!!!

I gotta get a vote for the bacon too!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
Join Date: 07-15-09
Location: Memphis, TN...Formerly of Decatur, AL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
So far that's a vote for the slaw and one for the corn..... Did anybody know that the bacon was home smoked too!!!

I gotta get a vote for the bacon too!
Um...didn't I post home made snags and bacon?
__________________
Guerry
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Pit Beeatch for Team Munchkin[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Avatar by Northwest BBQ
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Reply

Tags
CD likes to feed the boys, The ladies love CD's sausage, What happened to CD's weiner?

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winner of the BBQ Brethren "Snags and Slaw" Throwdown is... bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 6 12-18-2011 02:42 PM
BBQ Brethren "SNAGS AND SLAW" Throwdown! SmokinAussie BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 140 12-12-2011 11:48 AM
***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "SPECIAL - Virgin, Rookie, Amateur, FNG" Throwdown - VOTE*** bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 29 08-20-2011 01:40 PM
***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Special - Rookie, Virgin, Amateur, FNG" Throwdown - VOTE*** bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 96 01-14-2011 08:28 AM
***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "La Guerre de Pomme de Terre (Battle Potato)" Throwdown - VOTE*** bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 25 12-27-2010 08:49 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Forum Custom Search: Enter your Search text below. GOOGLE will search ONLY the BBQ Brethren Forum.





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.
no new posts