ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
AUradar
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default STOK Charcoal Tower Grill ???????

anybody used, got, seen one?

Saw it at Home Depot last night. Didn't get a chance to really check it out. But did notice the lid was pretty heavy (solid) and it had a cast iron grate. Seems pretty solid for $130.

http://www.stokgrills.com/grills/tower.php
AUradar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
AUradar
Full Fledged Farker

comes with a pizza stone to

and it has a built in chiminey charcoal lighting system.

Unread 05-25-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
zwylde1
Full Fledged Farker

May have to swing by my HD at some point to check it out. Specs on it sound good, but that does not always mean it is good. Like the cast iron grate.

[FONT=Arial Black]Of everything I have lost in this life...I miss my mind the most![/FONT]
zwylde1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

I'll have to check it out this weekend.
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

I don't understand the lower section. It is basically a One Touch Gold (except for the funnel shape instead of the kettle shape), but with some sort of wrapping around the lower section that I'm not sure serves any purpose other than appearance...
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

just saw this in the flyer section of local newspaper. on sale at a HD for $99 with pizza stone. may have go check it out.

Unread 05-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
AUradar
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I don't understand the lower section. It is basically a One Touch Gold (except for the funnel shape instead of the kettle shape), but with some sort of wrapping around the lower section that I'm not sure serves any purpose other than appearance...
appeance. Well that and probably to keep you out of hte hot firebox since the grill is so tall. Would be easy to get a leg/knee on that firebox if that wrapping wasn't there.

Unread 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
squirrel jail.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
Frank Grimes
Full Fledged Farker

It looks interesting, I may have to stop by HD and take a look, although I can already hear my wife if I came home with another grill or smoker.
Frank Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
sporter
Got rid of the matchlight.

I bought one of these grills around Memorial Day, and have used it several times since. It's a great grill. The design is unique, and despite it's bright colored, flashy design, it is very functional.

I don't know of any other grills have a buit-in charcoal canister/lighter, but this one works really well. You can even leave it in while cooking if you want a small (12" dia or so) hot spot cooking area. The grates are heavy duty, very nice. The lid feels solid with an easy to read thermometer. The tower is pretty cool, although they could have made it a little more functional with a door, and/or hooks on the inside for hanging stuff. The ash catcher thing is a pain, but not a deal breaker.

I paid $139, and HD has since lowered the price to $99. I consider it one of the better deals going for a cheap charcoal grill. Heck, the big orange lid is worth $100 bucks J

Unread 11-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
rw02kr43
Full Fledged Farker

Default stok

I bought one for $100. Last week I saw it was $75. So I went and talked ot the manager and got my price reduced to $75. I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Jason
rw02kr43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
chrisnjenn
Banned

I was just at my local Home Depot and saw this for $75. I don't really need another one (I have a large and small Egg, WSM, and a Smokey Joe), but after looking at it, I couldn't resist it for that price (for what you get plus the quality of the thing, it is a great deal). I have had a few Webers (and still own 2) in the past and love them, but this one is made as well or better. It is really nice. I'm impressed.
chrisnjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
Digger038
Knows what a fatty is.

Bought one last weekend, also got the small gasser. Can't wait till I get a day off to put them together and play.
Chargriller smokin pro
22.5 OTG
22.5 STOK charcoal
22.5 STOK gasser
Digger038 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #14
Novass
Full Fledged Farker

Bought the island gasser for 99. On sunday, still need to put it together.

Unread 11-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #15
Paul Worth
Got Wood.

I got one last week as an early Christmas present. Definitely the most substantial charcoal grill I've ever used! Nice cast iron grate, easy to light, effective ash catcher AND it has a pizza stone insert (others available) and simple provision for offset cooking.

As for the handsome "tower", I quit wondering "why?" and just put a few hooks on it to hold my implements. I could see making some shelves to hold the various inserts in the tower at some point..
Paul Worth is offline   Reply With Quote