The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
gmc cooker
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default bourbon beef recipe??

looking for a recipe for bourbon beef brisket, or something with bourbon and brown sugar that will go with beef. i will be trying to do something like pulled pork, but will be using 2 beef roasts instead and make like a shredded or chopped beef to be used on sandwiches.i will be smoking the meat first 2-3 hrs, then finish in oven till pull-able or shred-able. i'm thinking a sauce on the thinner side would be best??
what say you fellow Q'ers?
thanks
craig
gmc cooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
euclid
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc cooker View Post
looking for a recipe for bourbon beef brisket, or something with bourbon and brown sugar that will go with beef. i will be trying to do something like pulled pork, but will be using 2 beef roasts instead and make like a shredded or chopped beef to be used on sandwiches.i will be smoking the meat first 2-3 hrs, then finish in oven till pull-able or shred-able. i'm thinking a sauce on the thinner side would be best??
what say you fellow Q'ers?
thanks
craig
I'd almost think you'd need to infuse the bourbon flavor via a thicker sauce? Bourbon, in my mind, imparts kind of a mellowish flavor once the alcohol is cooked off, so you'd probably need a pretty good concentrate of it that you could adjust the intensity of for each person (more sauce, or less sauce depending on how much you like the flavor.)

Of course, I am sitting here reducing the amount of Old-Fashioned in my glass, exponentially, with each "sip" while my last butt of the day reaches temp so I could be completely out of touch!
euclid is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
gmc cooker
Found some matches.

" Of course, I am sitting here reducing the amount of Old-Fashioned in my glass, exponentially, with each "sip" while my last butt of the day reaches temp so I could be completely out of touch."

too funny!!
gmc cooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
BlueHowler
is one Smokin' Farker

I have two Bourbon BBQ sauces that I use with brisket.

Cherry Bourbon BBQ sauce
  • 1 cup Jim Beam Red Stag dark cherry flavored Bourbon
  • 1 cup cider vinegar
  • 1 cup cherry preserves
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup onion, very finely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a large, heavy, saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and briskly simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.

Bourbon BBQ sauce

2 cups ketchup
1 cup Bourbon (I like Evan Williams or Jim Beam)
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup honey
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tsp garlic powder
Kosher salt and ground fresh black pepper to taste.

Both of these are just suggestions for a Bourbon sauce and I'm always adjusting or adding other ingredients and spices to suit my whims at the time of cooking them.

BlueHowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->