The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
phil c
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default cook time

Any idea what an appox. cook time for a 2 lb.(meat weight) fatty would be at around 250f? 2 1/2 - 3 hrs?
Just thinkin about a breakfast fatty for this weekend and tryin to plan for lack of sleep.
Thanks!
phil c is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
fnbish
Babbling Farker

That sounds like a good estimate. I would start checking temperature around 2hrs though in case it gets done earlier. If it is done early you can always wrap it in foil to keep it hot.
Backwoods G2 Party & G2 Chubby
Big Green Egg XL
Weber 18.5 Kettle
"Tenacious Q" Competition Team
Follow Tenacious Q on Facebook!!
KCBS CBJ
fnbish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I say sleep in. Rub it and cook it naked at 275* for an 1-2hrs. till it hits 165* int. Leave it long and skinny to cut down on the cook time.

Cut some slices, fry them up a little, place on toasted and buttered English Muffin, top with over medium egg and cheese. Hot sauce optional. I recommend Melinda's Extra Hot. Save what you don't use of the fatty for some ABT's.

Whatever you decide to do I think you should post some breakfast pron.

Sorry, was that TMI?

Jason

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

XL
Big Green Egg
, 22.5 Weber OTS, WSJ
Gold/Mini WSM, 18" & 22" WSM, UDS "No.8"
Flyers Orange Thermapen
Napkin Killers BBQ
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

agreed with fingerlickin'
but your original time/temp sounds right just check at 2-2.5 hrs i wouldnt go above 170
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
I say sleep in. Rub it and cook it naked at 275* for an 1-2hrs. till it hits 165* int. Leave it long and skinny to cut down on the cook time.

Cut some slices, fry them up a little, place on toasted and buttered English Muffin, top with over medium egg and cheese. Hot sauce optional. I recommend Melinda's Extra Hot. Save what you don't use of the fatty for some ABT's.

Whatever you decide to do I think you should post some breakfast pron.

Sorry, was that TMI?
I like the way you think
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
phil c
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks guys!

Fingerlicken, Cook it naked,? without a wrap of sweet succulent BACON???????????? Why, I think that just sounds like, well , but, THATS JUST WRONG!!! Thats the kind of thinkin that those commies are just waitin for. First no bacon then the next thing you know...NO AMERICA!!!!
I think you better do a day of bacon pennance to make up for your transgressions.
phil c is offline   Reply With Quote